01 March 2023

Marching On

Another day in the office completed.  I managed to fall asleep in my office just looking at the screen.  What woke me up was the lights went out.  The lights are on a motion sensor and it lost sight of me so out they went.  It was a very long and boring morning.  The afternoon picked up.  I got to leave when I wanted to and managed to avoid the bulk of rush hour. 

The cats were happy to see me home and were ready to snuggle.  We started to watch TV and eventually I passed out again.  Just exhausted.  It’s kind of starting to concern me a bit. 

I had two more slices of left over pizza for supper, they were really good.  There are only 2 left and I plan to have them tonight.  Had an Oreo Ice Cream Cone for desert. 

Then it was on to watch some TV and I mixed in some work requests that came in, which needed to be done after hours.  The cats were not happy about that.  I also was able to catch up on all of my social media.  Nothing like some brain rot before bed. 

I was eager to get to sleep I was tired.  I woke up a few times during the night but I was able to go back to sleep.  Rudy kept me company by making biscuits and laying on top of me or curling up tightly next to me.  I think my message about sharing the bed has worked because I woke up at one point and had the entire bed to myself.  I took full advantage of that.  Still somehow when I finally woke up this morning I they were both in bed with me.  Rudy was on top of me and had been pestering me for an hour before it was time to get up.  It made for some strange dreams but I was happy to finally get up and get going. 

Typical but enjoyable breakfast. I got dressed and headed for the basement, dived straight into work and managed to plow through a bunch of tasks.  Then moved into some personal surfing.  Now a blog entry. 

I am good for a bit and then we have a stupid meeting.  My boss also wants to get together to look at something, which will mean more work for me.  Once I managed to get through the morning my afternoon is wide open.  That doesn’t mean it will be all smooth sailing but it does mean that there isn’t anything on my schedule at the moment. 

I called Amazon last night about getting a refund for this battery replacement that hasn’t shown up.  They had to message the merchant to request a refund be issued.  I was told to give it a day and if I don’t have a refund by the end of the week to call back.  Don’t you worry I will stay on top of this, it’s my money and I want it back.  I’ll get it back one way or another.  I prefer it to be easy and nice but if I have to get rough I will.  I need to place another Amazon order but I really want to get this cleared up. 

I know it’s only the middle of the week but I am still looking at the weekend and thinking that I will probably get the replacement plumbing parts I need or at least go in search of them.  I am NOT terribly crazy about actually doing the work.  I am still sore and feeling the effects of this past weekend.  I don’t want to wait a long time before I make the repairs because what salt is left behind will have additional time to harden.  I want this to be successful so that I can switch back to the Water Softener.  I mean it’s here might as well use it but only if it works correctly. 

I do think I will get to Sam’s for soda and a few other things.  I picked up some donut holes at the grocery store in a small box.  Those damn things are so good I should have bought 2 boxes. 

Unless I manage to talk myself out of it I am planning on hitting up that steak house that I found with the large onion rings.  I’ve got no idea what I will order for my main meal but they have a few things that are interesting.  Oddly enough there is no mention of desert on their menu.  I suppose you fill up and there is no room for desert or it’s something that rotates so they don’t publish it.  I’ll figure that part out when I am there.  Not exactly sure if I will have room for desert but I do think I will have a box or two to bring back home. 

Looking forward to not having to contend with my electronic leash aka phone.  I’ve got a haircut booked. 

Right now I think I will head back up to check on the cats and enjoy a few minutes with them before I get started in this dumb ass meeting.  Perhaps there will be time to relax this afternoon. 

I hope your having a great middle of the week.  March here is coming in like a lamb thus far but the day is not over and it’s possible things will change.  Winds are usually kicking up around here this time of year.  I just wish they would kick up enough to blow all of the leaves out of my yard and gutters to another place on the planet.  Will that happen?  Probably not. 

Take care & I will talk with you all again soon.  Be well. 

No comments: