04 March 2023

Treated myself

Happy Saturday.  I didn’t sleep all that well and thus I wanted to loaf today.  I had breakfast, got a shower and then headed out to see the barber.  There was a hot guy there with his younger brother.  It was difficult to sit and not try to talk to him. 

Grabbed the mail after the barber and then came back home.  Opened the mail and then loafed.  Got a nap with Rudy in my lap.  I guess I’m a rhymer rather than a rapper. 

Took in 2 good movies last night.  The first one was The Hammer with Reba McEntire.  Cost me $2.99 and worth every penny.  Then I watched Catch Hell with Ryan Phillippe.  I was hoping to get a peek at his nice ripe rear and the movie did not disappoint.  The movie was free and it kept you guessing and had lots of surprises. 

I digress, back today.  Once I got going I hit up the pet food store, home improvement store.  They only had 1 of the parts I need.  I need to make a trip to a specialty hardware store that is over an hour away and the web says they are open tomorrow but I’m going to save the trip for next Saturday.  I only want to make the trip once and besides that I dropped a small fortune today and could use time to save some money.  Then I hit up Sam’s and the checkout was by far the worst part.  I am thinking of doing the Scan N Go thing next time it looks much quicker and easier.  I did self checkout which there is one of the only places that I use that feature because I want out of the store as quickly as possible.  I didn’t buy any softener salt.  They have plenty but I need to do my test run before I go investing in salt.  I got some Cinnamon Rolls and Cookies so were covered in the bakery department.  Soda and paper towels as well. 

I came home unloaded all of that and then headed for the steakhouse.  Damn it is in the middle of no where.  I covered a lot of miles around here with my late spouse, he liked to go for drives with no destination in mind and it was fun sometimes and other times it was pure agony.  Anyway I almost backed out from going.  There were 2 roundabouts and I fucking hate those damn things.  However, the trip was well worth it.  The place was booked solid and I had to eat at the bar. 

They had specials that weren’t on the menu and I wound up with Prosciutto Tortellini.  It’s cheese filled pasta with slices of ham, peas, mushrooms and then topped with chicken.  I could have had shrimp but I don’t like it.  Got a salad with that.  Had a 1/2 order of onion rings and I really filled up on those damn things.  Then I got a slice of homemade Italian Wedding Cake to go and washed what I did eat down with a Diet Coke.  I saw a lot sitting at the bar.  They refrigerate their large glasses.  Then put ice in them and fill them, at least for soda.  I saw all sorts of drinks being made and had no idea what they were.  They had 1 cute server and he handed me my food.  I wound up bringing a good portion of it home because I was stuffed.  I dropped way more than I planned on a meal but this place was nice and first class all the way.  The bartender was chipper and upbeat, he didn’t make conversation but we got along really well.  He wasn’t my type of guy but he seemed like he was genuinely on cloud 9 and I would love to feel as happy and good as he did. 

I found out that the deserts are usually the same there is some minor change ups depending on the season.  They also have Chilean Sea Bass and I want that but it’s $45.  That is what I wished I ordered so I will be going back.  It’s a special but they have it all the time.  They also have BBQ Pork and I want to try that as well.  I will be back but it won’t be a place I got all the time.  Took me about 30 minutes to get there and driving home the sun was in my face the whole way. 

When I came home I grabbed my UPS battery and ran up to Batteries Plus.  They had the batteries and just removed the adapter and taped 2 batteries together.  It’s not perfect but it gets the job done.  They were slightly cheaper than Amazon and I had the product right away.  I almost got a Senior Citizen Discount but it didn’t happen only because the guy had rang me up.  I was making small talk with the owner/manager and he wanted me to have the discount but it’s okay.  I don’t go there frequently because they tend to rape my wallet.  There prices are so high.  However, on this deal the batteries were $24 a piece and that was a good deal. 

Now I am home for the day.  Heading up to be with the cats.  Have some cake, relax and watch some TV.  Then up at the crack of dawn tomorrow for breakfast, hit up the grocery store, possibly Target and a gas station for fuel.  Then home where I will work on cleaning the inside of the house and I will have that left over pasta for supper.  That will be something to look forward to. 

So far a really good weekend.  I hope that you can say the same.  Talk with you all again soon, be well. 

No comments: