Morning – I so didn’t want to get out of bed this morning. Rudy made his biscuits about an hour early and I wound up telling him it was time to sleep. I was cold so I fired up the electric blanket. That was nice but still at some point all good things must come to an end and it was time to wake up.
I made my way to the kitchen and opened some food for the cats. I thought about going back to bed and just working from home today. However, something in the back of my head said no you should go in. Don’t ask me why I listened to that voice but I went through the motions and made my way out the door.
With each mile that I traveled I thought about turning around and going back home. Traffic wasn’t bad but there was volume. Seems like from what I saw today everything is going back to pre-pandemic. Denny’s is now open 24/7 and during the pandemic they had limited hours. I think that eventually working from home will probably come to an end but right now I think most employers are playing it safe because they know their workers would revolt and they could find themselves very short staffed. It sure would be interesting if they started offering bonuses to lure people back to the office. I don’t know that everyone would bite for that. I mean working from home has a lot of advantages the best part is no traffic, you can eat or snack when you want and generally your free to do other things if you want.
I’m eager to get through today so that I can go back home. I got another strong dose of sleeping medicine last night and I do feel a bit hung over this morning. I want to go back to a normal dose before my body gets used to this. My back is still very sore in general I feel okay I just need to shake being tired and sluggish. My allergies are on fire as well but I have enough medicine in me to help control that.
There isn’t much going on today a meeting in a few hours to talk about much of nothing. A regular call this afternoon to discuss changes that are being made and then later a meeting by management about the Vision for the organization. It’s supposed to be exciting but I am not as thrilled about going as I would have been say when I was newer. I see it as a silly meeting that is a waste of everyone's time but I will play along at least for part of it. When I am ready to go home it’s out the door I go.
I told the cats I would be home before 5p if I could possibly help it. I actually plan to make that more like 4p if I can. Nothing like relaxing after a long days work. I see a nap in my future, I mean I will probably feel okay but if I sit and things get quiet and I am comfortable there will be enough factors at play to lull me into sleeping. Not good but my body can only take so much before it has to have rest.
I managed to load up the new lunch box which is more like a large portable cooler. Turns out what I bought can hold a case of soda or beer in cans. It keeps ice for up to 2 days. It’s a heavy thing and quiet bulky. It wasn’t what I wanted but it was the closest thing to what I had but just larger and more heavy duty. I am not going on a picnic just to the office and things only have to stay cold for a few hours then it matters not.
It’s suppose to be a nice day. My office here is warm which is nice but it’s humid so I had to kick on the fan. I will be getting up and walking around in a bit just to keep some blood flowing.
Had left over pizza for supper with a dash of hot sauce. A Oregon Strawberry Ice Cream Sandwich for desert. That’s all I ate. Then it was water for the rest of the evening until I had to get ready for bed. Watched more cartoons to help lull me asleep. Those are interesting and apparently cause me to have some strange dreams but I won’t stop watching as I find them entertaining.
Looking forward to spending time with the cats and relaxing before another day is upon us. Tomorrow thus far looks like 1 dumb meeting in the morning and then the rest of the day is free. Thursday is the same thing but the meeting is at the end of the day. Friday a quick meet up in the morning. Looks to be a light week which is okay by me. I honestly don’t want to work that hard.
I hope that all is well in your world. How’s the weather where you are, it’s screwy for a lot of people especially those on the East & West Coasts. We have some rain in the forecast but I think that’s it. Temperatures are starting to warm and the wind is blowing. I just wish that it would blow all of the crap out of the gutters so I could stay off of the ladder. Gutter cleaning, a job no one really enjoys.
That’s all I have at the moment. Take care, be well and stay safe. I will talk with you all again soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment