Howdy and welcome back. Last night I got my stereo hooked up to the TV. I had to pull everything apart. A speaker wire came loose and I got that hooked up. The stereo tuned a local radio station in but wouldn’t play a cassette tape in either of it’s tape decks. The mode buttons are sticking but thankfully I can use the remote. At least when you put it on AUX and power it off, it stays there. So I can watch anything I record via U-verse or elect to pay per view through them in Stereo. Even live TV. It sounds really good, but I would rather have this for when I watch movies from my Roku or listen to a stand up special, that would be awesome. It’s a partial win for me so I will take it.
Since it’s the weekend of course I didn’t sleep well last night at all. The cats had me up and then my insomnia I think had me up. That of course makes me sluggish in the morning and not wanting to get out to do anything.
I fed the cats and went back to bed twice. I really wanted to hit this hardware place up to see if I could find the parts. Well that was a long ass drive for nothing. It clicked with me after I left the store that it’s probably going to be easier to replace the hose than it is to find this odd washer. The guy asked me who made the water softener and then told me to visit Kenmore dot com to figure out where to get the part. That’s what made it click for me. This is just a hose and it has nothing to do with Kenmore I just need the right fittings on each end and then I am good.
I stopped by the post office to pick up money and bills. I had a small check from a class action settlement. Then came on home, picked up my Amazon order from the porch and got to the kitchen where I was able to sift through things. The cats never bothered to greet me, they were both on my bed and I said nothing when I came in. It was probably 15 minutes before I got to my room and then they were all interested in me and happy to see me.
I wanted to go back out for supper but something from yesterday didn’t agree with me so I opted to just stay home. I didn’t eat wisely I had two cheese White Castles that were frozen. If those stay down then all is well, if not then I might have a need to take some medicine.
Came down to do laundry, pay bills and deposit the check I got. All is well and I’ve got a small sum of money left over, payday is next week. Seems like those paydays come around quickly but not exactly quick enough.
It’s cold out and raining now so it’s the perfect night to stay in. I am not happy about the time change it will make tomorrow fly by super fast. That only means that Monday will be here quicker than ever and well I never look forward to an on-call week.
Looking forward to breakfast tomorrow morning, hoping that I can turn that omelet I had last week into something tasty this week by subbing in Pork Sausage for the Smoked Sausage and I ask for the ham to be left out. I think it should be really good. Throw in a Cinnamon Biscuit instead of the dry tasteless “cheddar” biscuit that is included. Add a soda and I think it will be a winner and I will leave happier or so I hope. Then it’s grocery store time and back home. I need to make a Target run but it’s nothing that I can’t put off for another week. It’s a great store but damn with Cat Litter on top of other things I buy it’s never a cheap trip.
I am going to try to get this hose loose tonight and if that goes well I will probably hit up the home improvement store tomorrow. I need some wet cat food and it’s close by so if I go to get this hose I will probably stop in for cat food. I should have never introduced these cats to wet food, big mistake. However, they are hooked and while I didn’t teach them the word lunch they do expect 3 cans a day but can survive on 2 cans. Were talking small cans and it’s 1 can split between them. Rudy is usually pretty good about leaving his sister some, she nibbles and then he comes back to gobble up what’s left or they will pick at it. Plus they have their dry food. Last night they got play time and treats, only because Morea wanted it and wouldn’t leave me alone.
I’m watching The Carbonaro Effect on HBO Max. It’s a magician that plays tricks on people and he gets them to buy all sorts of crazy bullshit ideas that he spins. Like injecting gel into a mold of a frog and suddenly there is a real frog. It’s just bizarre and I see how gullible people are. It reminds me of a story my late spouse told me and I fell for it hook line and sinker. It was all pure bullshit but sounded real. So when situations like that come around I can help but laugh just because it’s clear as day that this guy is spinning bullshit but people believe it as if it’s gospel. It’s a great show and there are many episodes. I am binge watching so perhaps I will finish this weekend or so I hope. They are about 30 minutes. It’s beats watching random YouTube stuff with commercials.
Well off to play plumber and then up to see the cats and watch TV. I hope tomorrow is a better day than today has been and I am more productive. Thanks for stopping by! Talk with you all again soon, take care!
No comments:
Post a Comment