23 March 2020

Time for Monday

The morning has flown by. I got through my morning tasks as well as our morning conference meet up call. The lines were flooded so I had to try a couple times but got through. Boss man checked in to see what hours everyone wanted to work this week. I told him I am fine where I am at. It’s essentially my normal shift as if I was going into the office. I like some sense of “normal” and my hours are about the only place that I will see that right now given the circumstances.

Grabbed lunch and fed the children. Today was the first day I didn’t leave a TV on in a month. Everyone seems to have adjusted. The only difference is they know and remember that I am still in the house. So, I suppose that is of some comfort to them.

Watched a little TV and got in a nap. My “lunch” was much longer than an hour but that’s primarily because there isn’t much going on today and my schedule is wide open except for our afternoon status call which should be short.

I received a call from my new dentist and they advised me that they aren’t seeing patients now with the COVID outbreak and that they wanted to reschedule. Were set for May now. That will be a busy month for me. I have the dentist appointment, a follow up with my doctor and an eye exam all in the same month. Let’s hope that we can all get out and about then or there will be more rescheduling to do.

I peeked at my car dealer’s website and it looks like they are picking up vehicles for service, at least that was my take away. I haven’t heard from them but will be checking in and confirming my Monday appointment. If they pick up my vehicle and return it, I won’t need to take the day off.

One of the ladies at work that I spoke with while I was dealing with Momma has been texting me periodically looking for a favor and/or a status up date on how I am doing. While that is all well and good, I never gave her my cell phone number. I don’t read the messages and delete them. To put a stop to it I blocked her. That wasn’t something I wanted to do but it was necessary for my sanity. I did give her my home phone number and don’t mind if she calls. I got an email from her at work and responded to it. She kind of took off on me and I didn’t bother to respond. She feels that it’s my obligation to reach out to her and let her know that I am okay so that she doesn’t have to worry about me. Uh, okay whatever. I never asked you to worry about me in the first place, if you want to that’s on you. Usually if I want to know how someone is doing, I reach out to them and they tell me. I don’t send a text to a cell phone # that I was not given. Jesus she’s not my mother but she is acting like she is and that I owe her something when in reality I do not.

In listening to one of my technology shows yesterday they pointed out that so many people are out of work or will be out of work as a result of this crisis. That cybercrime and scams will be on the increase. So be extra vigilant in watching for suspicious emails, texts and phone calls. These people just try the same thing over and over again. It’s like playing the same number in the lottery and eventually someone bites. I see it each and every day.

The most recent scam I saw on social media said that someone called pretending to be the persons bank. They said that there was a fraudulent transaction with Zelle and they were holding off on processing it due to the high dollar amount. Zelle is a person to person money service that banks use to give you the ability to send cash to family/friends and whomever else you may need to pay without having to write a check or present them with physical cash. I’ve used it and it’s neat but you do get warnings asking you if you are certain that you want to send x person funds and once you click past that your money is gone and not coming back. The recipient gets it right away. Anyway, the caller asked if they authorized the transaction. When they said no, the caller wanted to change their ATM card pin over the phone by transferring them to an automated phone system. Fortunately, the person who got the call said let me call you back. They contacted their bank directly by phone and that is how they learned of the scam. If it doesn’t sound right or you have a funny feeling, check it out. Most of the time your instincts are right. Most of the malicious actors count on folks not being educated and aware, which is why their scams & tactics work so well. Plus, a lot of people really believe what they see in caller-id. That too can be spoofed or faked so the only way you know for sure who your talking to is if you originate the call.

Well there you have it my Monday update. I do hope that you and your families are doing well. Take care and we shall talk again soon. Thank you as always for your visit & time.

No comments: