27 March 2020

Technology…

I had a little crisis of my own last night. I was watching some porn and told the app I was viewing it through to delete a particular clip that I didn’t find appealing. The app misunderstood the command and instead of deleting just 1 file, it deleted everything in the folder. I am using a free app called Recuva to recover the files. Unfortunately, not everything is recoverable. The restore effort is on-going as I type and it has been running since my day started and won’t finish until tomorrow. My method that I have a is I have two buckets, called keep and review. The review bucket is not backed up and I don’t move stuff frequently enough into the keep bucket. Moving forward once I recover from this; I will be sure to back everything up. Apparently in doing some research about the app, this same thing has happened to other people so I feel a little bit better that I am not alone. This is subscription-based content and I’m not going back to renew a subscription that is cancelled just to get a couple clips, not worth it. I’m mad but what can I do, not a damn thing so I just adapt and move on.

I unboxed my power washer last night and assembled it. I am ready to get washing. The plan is to hook things up and get to work on Sunday. Right now, there is the threat of severe weather and I’d rather not risk getting wet. It’s also going to rain all day tomorrow. We had a hell of a storm push through early this morning and it woke me up. I thought it was Gator pulling on the carpet with her claws. Nope that was hail hitting the house. Despite having my air purifier and two white noise machines on it still woke me up. Then the weather radio went off just as I rolled over, so I got out of bed and that’s when the phone started ringing. So, I had to sit up for an hour to watch TV before I went back to sleep. Needless to say, this is a rough morning.

Early in the evening last night I noticed that someone got sick in my room. I think it was Marv. He looked like he didn’t feel good and he spent the night behind the recliner in my room, which is abnormal. He didn’t want to eat his Tuna Fish this morning but I did get him to eat some Beef & Chicken in gravy. He had to have something on his stomach before I could give him his medicine. I skipped last nights dose because he didn’t seem up for it and honestly, I wasn’t up for it either. It was an oven in here at 78 degrees. It was much cooler in the basement and outside but that’s to be expected in the spring here. If this keeps up it won’t be long before I flip the switch from heat to AC. Which is not something I am eager to do.

Last night I also got word that my employer reported the first positive case of COVID-19. It wasn’t in my office but people travel so much that it doesn’t take long to spread. Oddly enough one of the big wigs was exposed and she is a heavy traveler. I hope this doesn’t mushroom into a bigger mess but the potential certainly is there. I know that the chief nut in charge of the country wants us all to get back to work and normal soon but that is more because he wants a second term in office and the notoriety that comes with digging the country out of a crisis. However, if we do things his way, we are all going to wind up dead sooner than later and he may well get a second term because he will be the only one alive. The man scares me and I know I am not alone. It’s painful to listen to him speak because he peppers in names and extra terms that don’t need to be said. Say what you will but Obama was the best speaker, he got to the point and stayed on point. I sure miss that, again I don’t think I am alone.

Friday was a chill day that is until all hell broke loose. Apparently, someone (not me) missed a warning notification and it looked like we had a threat on the network. It was quickly determined that it was good software but behaving in a bad manor. There was a bunch of follow up work that I think the person who missed the alert should have done but instead it was assigned to me, because I am known for being dependable. Sucks when your good at your job, just saying.

I am publishing this and then headed up to figure out what box to pull out of the freezer for dinner and also to open more cat food. I look forward to spending what I hope is an uneventful evening with the cats. The struggle is more of finding something interesting to watch. Not a whole lot is on that appeals to me but I am sure I will find something to settle on.

As for Saturday well my main goal is sleep and relaxing. Beyond that there is cat food to get along with the mail and perhaps a meal or two out. Then we can see about those lingering cleaning projects that I might get to. It all depends upon how bored I really get and right now it doesn’t take much. I didn’t really want or need the personal computer crisis but it is what it is.

Sadly, the virus has overwhelmed the US and we are now the leader for infection. They say that 80 thousand people could die from this. I called it early on and said it would be a population thinner. It does sound like we are all going to be at home for a very long time. I think we will all need a vacation when this is over with. Well stay safe and be well. I will talk with you again soon.

No comments: