What a night, since I got in so much sleep yesterday my body woke up at 3a and I just couldn’t sleep anymore. I had some food, albeit junk food. Then turned on the light in my room and got yelled at by both cats. I warned them before I did it but I don’t think they got the message. Grabbed the phone to see what was new in the world and on social media. Nothing significant but it did help occupy some of my time. Then it was on to watch TV, I couldn’t tell you what I saw because it wasn’t anything that I really wanted to watch I was just passing time until the sugar coma kicked in and that took a couple hours. I knew when I climbed back in bed at 5a that I wouldn’t want to get up early and boy I was right. However, I got the children fed and Marv his medicine. Then had some breakfast it was light because I thought I would do some take out later but that never materialized. I made it to the grocery store a couple minutes after they opened.
As I entered the store, I saw a sign that said 8-9a is reserved for shoppers 60+ yeah, it’s because they are at risk. Guess what so am I because I am a diabetic. No one said anything to me and if they did that would have been my come back. I was never so happy to see Bananas and they were fresh! There were still a lot of empty shelves which is disheartening but understandable given the changes in circumstance.
I stocked up on frozen sausage, egg & cheese biscuits. Normally I just get 4 but this time I got 8 because I don’t know if they will be there next week. Frozen pizza was still very much picked over and most coolers were empty or close to it. However, ice cream was fully stocked. I didn’t practice the 6-foot rule I got what I wanted/needed and got out. There was a sign on the milk coolers that white milk was limited 1 per customer. I bought a gallon as opposed to a ½ gallon again because I don’t know if they will have it next week or not. A good portion of what I bought was junk food or stuff I knew I shouldn’t have but what else is there to do besides … eat, watch tv, work from home, clean the house, watch porn or sleep? I spent way more than I normally would but I think I am in decent shape. I will need to go back next weekend again and will probably time it the same. As I exited the store, I saw a state trooper standing guard. I thought to myself let’s hope that we don’t need the police because there is a riot at the grocery store. I mean I get that it’s possible but I certainly hope that it doesn’t come to that, where you are not only afraid to leave because you might get the virus but also because you might get mobbed or robbed.
Since we didn’t have breakfast together, I thought it would be smart to check in on the old guy that I would normally see at breakfast on Sunday. He sound like he is doing well, despite the circumstances. Plenty of people are checking up on him and he has a wide social circle. There aren’t many people in my life so I cherish those that are. It was a nice distraction from daily life and we got to have some fun by joking with each other.
I see no reason in the world to do laundry. It’s not like I actually need clothes when I am working from home. I live in sweats and a t-shirt. I’ll wash them but everything else is just on hold this week. I did pick up some CLR at the store and detached the shower head. I soaked it in the kitchen sink with a mix of water and CLR. That stuff works wonders. I have a wand and head combo shower. So, you can switch from both to the wand for more up close and personal washing. I learned something today and yes it was the hard way but apparently if you flip the diverter switch the other way you can turn off the wand and give full power to the head. Yup, I got a little wet but it’s okay. I eagerly await my shower in the morning I should have full power of all streams. I keep a toothbrush in the shower just to help keep the shower head clean and it helps but eventually the shower needs some CLR which is nothing like TLC.
I’ve sat around and watched TV, YouTube Videos, given a little attention to Marvin. Gator has been attached to me for most of the day that is until I got out the vacuum cleaner.
I got a call from the boss man who had a quick question. Then I got an email from a tech who expected me to help him. Dude I am not on-call and not your personal solve it person. I guess our help desk is working 7 days a week now. I mean we have close to 1,000 people working remote which is a lot and it’s amazing that we were able to make that happen with very little effort. Next week will certainly be a challenge as it will be everyone’s first full week of working remote. I will be spending more time than I want in front of this machine so I am limiting the time I spend with it over the weekend.
Please be safe, take care of yourself and stay home. I’m glad that I have a diversion even if it’s work because if I just had to sit here and watch TV with nothing to do I would go insane quickly. This like many other parts of life would be better if there was another human in my home but sadly there isn’t. Oddly enough though we had snow this morning. Yeah, a couple days after the first day of spring and snow flurries. That is a sign of comfort to me. I think were all going to get through this but life as we know it will forever be changed and things won’t go back to 100% normal but we will be pretty close to it. This is scary stuff and the numbers are going to climb before they fall and this gets under control. Here’s hoping that this week medical science makes some progress. I will talk with you again soon. Thanks for stopping by!
No comments:
Post a Comment