I found out this morning that is not a cat living under the deck, it’s a raccoon. It was peacefully sleeping and I got to look at it up close. Don’t know if that upsets the cats or not but they come around every year like clock work.
I arrived at the grocery store to find most of the shelves bare. A butcher was on the phone talking with a lady about chicken and how it was going fast. He expected to be sold out within an hour. Hello, this is real? No bananas, No milk but they had everything else I wanted. Frozen pizzas were really picked over. If it’s like this today, makes me wonder what it will be like next week. Will they even be able to open?
I saw a guy loading up on toilet paper and that is the one thing they have mounds of. Thankfully for me I buy mine at my local wholesale club. I got it last year and I’m still using it today. Plenty left for another couple months. I’m not here much and the way they sell it in bulk it just works out that way. Paper towels don’t last terribly long but at least a couple months.
There was a waiting line to get into the wholesale club when normally at 9:30a on a Sunday no one is around. I stop in for gasoline and that was priced low compared to what it’s been selling for.
Since I buy a lot from Amazon I looked for 2% milk and they apparently don’t sell that in my area for delivery. I found Fairlife ultra filtered milk at the grocery store and swore I’d never buy it because it was expensive but today was the day. That is the only 2% they had and $5 for a half gallon I think is a bit much but given the circumstances I didn’t have a lot of choice unless I wanted to run around to try to find it elsewhere. One guy I was talking with said he was headed to the gas station they have milk. Yeah well I thought a grocery store would have it as well but they don’t. Sure hope he isn’t in a for a surprise.
This whole panic over this virus is a bit much. The media is feeding on it like it’s fresh meat and people are lapping up the hysteria and buying into the hype. It’s nothing more than a virus it’s not the end of the world and while you might get it, if you do all of the right thing to avoid the flu, chances are you will avoid this as well. I’m not iron man but I am really not terribly concerned about it. I am more concerned about being able to survive given that most everything is flying off of grocery store shelfs. At the rate were going I will be forced to buy every meal out sooner rather than later and if restaurants can’t keep up then I’m fucked.
In other news I went shopping on-line and my next obsession to get up and close to is a Logitech MK 850 keyboard & mouse combo. It goes for $100 but is sold through big box and amazon stores at $77 to $79. In searching for this I came across an MX wrist rest which obviously is much cheaper and I think might do the trick better. I’m looking for wrist comfort which is what other keyboards have that the one I like and use both at home and work don’t have. My desk at work is more comfortable so it doesn’t really bother me there, but at home I feel it and miss comfort. I just placed an order for the wrist rest and it will be here on Wednesday, so I’ll let you know how it goes.
I woke up at 6a and when I came home from my morning shopping trip I had to take a nap. That was around 11 that I finally passed out but the phone woke me up a couple times. I finally got up for good at noon. I need to get busy but wanted to drop a few lines here.
Hope all is well in your world and that your grocery stores are fully stocked. I’m off to do chores how much fun will I have? Absolutely none! But the chores won’t get done w/o me. So off I go. Talk with you all again soon. Be well.
1 comment:
Lmao at the first paragraph! :)
Yup, it's pretty crazy at the supermarkets. But hey, you gotta do what you gotta do. We just need to stay at home, be patient and careful and wait for the whole thing to finally blow over.
Post a Comment