This afternoon I treated myself to a movie. After the week I had I needed more than 1 good laugh. This movie totally delivered. It was funny as well as providing a life lesson that friends don’t always stay as close as they should, but that your still friends in the end.
What made this movie even better was that I got to see it for free. My boss gave me a gift card last year at Christmas and this was the 2nd movie that I have used it on. The card now has $3 left on it. Going to the movies is expensive. I believe I saw Love Simon on it, so I got my use out of it. Still it’s $3 and I will use that towards the purchase of seeing a future movie. No sense in throwing $3 away.
I was amazed after I bought my ticket, a map of the theatre came up and I had to choose a seat. I got right in the middle but I was a little lower than I wanted to be. 2 girls sat next to me. They were chatty and on their cell phones but thankfully that calmed down once the feature started. Still I didn’t want to have anyone around me. That’s the problem with movie theaters. I’d like the theater experience but also some distance from others.
Next best thing was that it was like flying for an hour and thirty five minutes. My phone was in airplane mode and no one or nothing could disturb me. I always feel so much better knowing that regardless of when or where I am, when I want to shut out the world it’s the flip of a switch and your done.
After the movies I stopped and got a pizza, best thing I had all day long even if it was salty. Then I grabbed the mail and I came home. I wanted to go back out for cat food but I have put that off until tomorrow. The older I get the more I like to procrastinate and it is enjoyable but also scary because that is not really me. I like to knock tasks out of the way so I will have a clear cut path to freedom.
Spent some time with my furry family this morning. Catering to their needs and Gator & I also took in nap. I’m working on laundry at the moment and then it will be time to get started on the dishes and bedtime. 2 days off just isn’t enough especially when I know there is a storm of work coming. I just keep telling myself eyes on the prize – left, right, left. That’s a song by Charlie Puth and it helps to get me through tough times on occasion. He’s also coming out with a new studio album in the next few days. From what I have heard it sounds like he is going to change up his style of music but I certainly hope not. It was already perfect.
Well there you have it that’s my Saturday. If your looking for a comedy give The Good Boys a try. There is sexual situations, drugs and plenty of cussing – so if those are turn offs for you then you might want to pick a different movie. Although those things seem to be common place in todays movies.
Hope you had a great day!
No comments:
Post a Comment