24 August 2019

Lottery Day ?

When I got the mail today, I saw my escrow statement from my home lender and I was eager and fearful at the same time. When I opened it I felt like I won the lottery. I got a small refund back and my house payment went down slightly. My trick of sending in the extra escrow money for a couple months is what put me ahead and got me the refund. I figured they would still somehow manage to find a way to increase my payment but thankfully not. After that I just saw sunshine and rainbows. It felt very good! My plan is to keep up the regular payment to help further reduce my principal balance. I’ll keep an eye on taxes and insurance and send in money in advance next year when I am sure both taxes and insurance will go up. Hopefully, it will put me in the same position if not at least allow me to break even.

I still have had thoughts of my former friend and how things ended. I’m pretty mad about the whole thing. I mean if I knew why he was mad at me that would help a little but it probably wouldn’t change the outcome. I also got to thinking that people drop out of your life so that others may drop in. Who knows maybe now I’ll meet someone or at the very least make a new friend? I can only hope so.

So, it’s official that I will be off the week of Thanksgiving. It will be nice being able to kick back and relax for a whole week, while only having to use 3 days. I’ll be off the 1st Friday in September as well. My vehicle needs its annual paint & fabric protection that I foolishly opted into along with an oil change and tires rotated. Unless my driving habits change it will be Christmas or shortly there after before I will be due for another oil change. Average is about 4 to 5 months. I’ve got a built-in gage that tells me when it’s getting close and going by that rather than mileage has proven to be very cost effective for me. It felt odd at first not getting the oil change based on mileage but the manufacturer has their suggestion and they place a heavy amount of reliance on the gauge.

This week has been extra stressful a few odd things came up and there were several times when I was on the phone way longer than I wanted to be. My back has been bothering me. I haven’t had a massage in months, so I got the chance for 30 minutes and I took it. That was just enough to get started. There is what feels like a softball size knot in the middle of my back that the therapist worked on. It hurt like crazy. She told me the same thing she often says, you’ll know I was here tomorrow. Yeah, she was spot on this time. It still hurts. I want to take a heavy muscle relaxer but I am afraid that it will dope me up and knock me out that if a call did come in, I wouldn’t be in any shape to handle it much less I might not even hear the phone or care about it. So, I am using ice and ibuprofen hoping that it will at least help make a dent in this thing. I should probably go back to getting massages on a regular basis and for an hour or longer. Right now, all I want is to be pain free.

Speaking of health. My blood sugar is running a bit higher than I want it to. I know that it’s because of what I am eating and that medication can only help so much. I’ve tried to be good but it’s a form of dieting and I don’t do well on a diet. I’ve made the decision to go back on the medicine that helped me after a couple weeks get better control on my sugar. Hopefully it doesn’t make me ill because if that happens then I don’t care about the benefit I will dump it like a hot potato and we will need to find something else. Problem is there are very few options that my insurance covers and I don’t want to take out a 2nd mortgage just to pay for medication. Fingers crossed this all works out well and that not only do I not get sick but do I not get bladder cancer.

I am watching the latest season of 13 Reasons Why trying to figure out who killed Brice Walker. It’s a twisting tale that leaves me guessing. Just when I figure it out, they throw a curve ball in and change my focus. I like the show but this season was a little hard to follow at first. To be fair I didn’t give it my full attention but I am now. So perhaps the problem was on my end. While I am eager to find out if we do in fact find out but at the same time, I don’t want the show to be done. That’s the problem when I binge watch anything. At least Fall is around the corner so there should be much more available to watch both on TV and the streaming platforms.

Next week will be extra stressful because the official notice on the new hires I have been waiting for should be coming out. There are around 17 people and I get to handle them all by myself. I’ve done it before but I second guess myself and wind up making mistakes. I’m going to try to stay focused and not run in 10 thousand different directions. That should also help. The bright side is that I won’t be on-call so I will have that in my favor.

My new credit card showed up in the mail today. I customized the card a long time ago and put Big Boy’s picture on it. Every time I look at the card, he is staring me in the face. I miss that black lump of fur so much. Oddly enough I had another card with the same bank and put Ruth’s picture on the card. I wound up closing that account because they insisted on charging me an annual fee. I was okay with that when I was rebuilding credit but once I proved myself and my score went up, I got back to my principal belief and I no longer am willing to pay an annual fee just to carry a card.

Time to get back in front of the TV and grab an ice back for the back. I hope that your enjoying your Saturday. Weather here has cooled off a little bit but it’s still a little humid for me. I see people eating outside but not me. I love my air conditioning. Funny thing my boss who works in AZ asked me this week if we have central air. I said of course we couldn’t survive without it. Take care of yourself and I’ll talk with you again soon.

No comments: