I frequently ask Alexa (Amazon’s Automated Assistant) all sorts of things. This morning I randomly asked about my horoscope. I was a little taken back when she got to the point and said … remember anything you say or do will be held against you. I was like WTF am I under arrest? What does this mean for my day? That is just an odd thing to hear in a horoscope.
The day was fine. Boring but fine. All of a sudden there is a few people leaving on Friday. I’m going to be more than a little busy. I’m still waiting for the new hires that will be starting in a couple weeks. It’s just madness.
I got a new pick up line. You remind me of my big toe. Huh? I want to bang you on every piece of furniture I own. I got a laugh to the one person I knew I could share that with at work. That made my day.
Momma did her deep sleep trick last night and I thought she died on me again. People tend to look at you funny when you say momma died on me again. I did some research and found that if a cat feels super comfortable they can and will fall into a deep sleep. I accidentally found that Thyroid cats howl. That explains all of the vocalization from Marv. He’s not geriatric he’s just got a Thyroid problem. Personally I think he misses his brother but what do I know. I only live with them.
Gator picked out a fabulous pink shirt for me to wear to work and I put on black pants to make it pop. I took great pleasure in telling the story of how Gator picked out my shirt. I pointed to the shirt and asked her what I should wear. She meowed. I said pink she meowed again and that’s how I wound up wearing a pink shirt. Truth be told no matter what I would have said she would have meowed. She is a bit chatty in the morning when she is begging for my attention.
Last couple of nights I have slept alone. Marv starts out with me but he seems to leave one he knows I am out. I guess my snoring disturbs him. Funny thought! Me disturbing them. It’s usually the other way around. I do miss having a cat companion in bed with me but at the same time being alone is more relaxing not to mention roomy.
On the way home tonight I saw that the road was closed just before my exit, so I got off one exit early along with the rest of the world. I made my way to the post office where I picked up a rebate check that I knew was waiting for me. I was content leaving it there until Saturday but I figured why not get it now.
Three day weekend coming up here in the US. Labor Day is Monday which coincidentally will also be my 48th Birthday. I’m not super excited about it. I stopped being excited about birthdays after my 35th. I’m over the aging process but I know it’s still going to happen. People say I look good for my age. It’s because I don’t smoke or drink either. Plus taking care of my skin I’m sure has helped. I’m glad I look good to people and they don’t believe me when I tell them my age. But my looks have yet to get me a man. I think if I looked 1/2 as good as any of my cats my days of being lonely would be over.
Happy Tuesday! Hope it was a great day for you. Now off to watch American Greed with the kids as we count down the hours until bed time. Fun stuff.
No comments:
Post a Comment