I hope that you had an enjoyable and relaxing weekend. Nothing special happened around here, just a typical couple of days.
So I am up against the clock I’ve got one more week of unemployment after this week and then I am done. I filed my claim tonight and they actually want me to report in by the end of next week. I will go on the off chance something changes and my claim can be continued, but honestly this time I could probably skip it and be totally fine.
I checked into filing for Welfare and Food Stamps. Wow, what an application process. A friend of mine told me not to tell them about my partner and I would be a shoe in. However, when you look at the application, they want to know who is providing your health insurance, how much utilities cost, how much you pay for rent. There is no way that I can not put him down, besides that it would be something that would eventually catch up to me. I find it better to be honest. The only problem with that is it might cause me to not qualify for benefits, in which case I would really be screwed. Me and my partner are working on getting the forms completed and if I have to, my plan is to file next week.
The company I interviewed with last week that had travel in the job, well I have seen their job posted on-line by a couple different recruiters on a couple different search engines. So it looks like they are exploring their options and maybe I read too much in to the process. It could also be that they are going through the motions. All I know is you can always find someone better qualified to do the job, if you take time to look. I need them to hire me and be confident that I am the best person for the job.
I really hope that something changes this week, it would sure take a lot of pressure off of me. To say that I am worried, is an understatement. Were getting down to the 11th hour and the walls are closing in. I believe that I can make the bulk of my bills for the month of May. After that there is the little bit I have in retirement, that I honestly don’t want to touch and then I am fresh out of options. If there is one thing I would like to hold on to it is my car and that is my chief worry that I will loose it.
Sorry to be so negative but these are the issues that are staring me in the face. The sooner I get some answers the better off I will feel. Nothing on the horizon for this week as of tonight. I am hoping that the phone will ring tomorrow with good news on the job front. All I can do at this point is hope, pray and wait. Patience is certainly not my strong suite but I am learning.
Well off to surf the net and see what kind of trouble I can get into. I hope this is a great week for all of us. I will talk with you peeps later!
1 comment:
You're NOT being negative my friend, you're talking about realities here. And I sure hope that all changes for the better really soon. xoxox
Post a Comment