19 April 2012

As expected

Today’s meeting with the recruiter was as I expected, a complete waste of time.  It was a case of wanting to put a face with a name.  We spoke about my experience and then I was told she would e-mail me a list of positions and the benefits they offered through the agency.  She kept her word and I got one position, which I am not interested in.  Their benefits are expensive, thankfully I would have no need for them! 

Speaking of benefits, that is one of the things a lot of employers look at when they make you an offer they anticipate you will need benefits.  Most people in fact do need and/or use them.  However, I am the exception to the rule in that I don’t need Health and/or Dental Insurance.  Other things that they offer I could use like Life Insurance, Short Term & Long Term Disability.  Outside of that I’m good.  Would be great if I could get Life Insurance for my partner, the last place I worked at let me but there was a coverage limit.  It was insanely cheap, like $2.39 a pay check which was every two weeks.  Right now we don’t have any Life Insurance and that’s not a good thing!

Wow, what a week filed for bankruptcy, 2 interviews, 1 meeting.  This has been some busy ass week.  Thankfully I don’t have anything scheduled for tomorrow.  I’m waiting for the phone to ring with an offer now.  Of course that won’t come as soon as I want it, but I still can hold out hope.  If I can get others to call about interviews that would be good too.  As it stands right now, next week is wide open. 

Tonight we went to the grocery store, not too crowded and easy to move about.  My partner picked up a Roast, which I know I will hate but I will eat it anyway.  Speaking of food…. A while back we ordered a Taco Pizza from Pizza Hut and they included a small thing of Tostitos Medium Salsa. I stuck it in the fridge. Last night I broke it out and had it with some Tostitos and it was damn good. I am really not into salsa, but if it’s done right I will eat buckets of it. Thankfully I was able to find it at the grocery store. If you’re a salsa fan, I recommend this stuff!

So that’s it for now.  I will talk with you peeps later!

1 comment:

Jude said...

That's too bad it was a waste of your time Jer. :-( Let's hope the next one is better AND includes Life Insurance!