Today didn’t start off on a very good note. Big Boy decided last night that he didn’t want to sleep with me. I opened my door this morning and found puke. Now mind you there are several other cats and it could have been anyone. So I wasn’t alarmed. I put out food and said good morning to everyone. Big Boy just sat there, which is so not normal. I ran to the bathroom and when I was done, he was going. Okay, so I figured he would eat after that. Nope. I opened a special can of food just for him and put it in front of him. He sniffed it and then looked at me like what, did you want me to eat this? Aw crap he’s on a hunger strike again. This is so not good!
I was going to sit with him and I ran to the kitchen and when I came back he had moved and there was more puke. There was the proof it was him that was sick. Argh!
So I sat with him and he turned on that motor of his, to try to cover up the fact he felt horrible. He wanted me to think everything was fine. That is the problem with cats, they are the masters of disguise. In the wild they have to mask their feelings so they don’t become a target for predators.
I gave him some medicine for Nausea, it’s a liquid syrup and it smells like cough medicine. Anyway, he took it like a champ, didn’t spill a drop and then we sat quietly for a while. I needed to make sure that the medicine stayed down. Most of the time it makes things better but not always.
He jumped up on the couch and promptly fell asleep. He was sleepy all afternoon. Then he started looking like he might be hungry. Everyone else was stirring so I broke out some food. I got him a saucer of Fancy Feast and viola he started eating again. Not much, but it was a step in the right direction. Soon he was done, so I put the saucer down on the floor. Everyone else came over to see what special treat Big Boy had and pretty soon he was down there lapping up more food. That was lunch and it made me so happy.
We went out for the mail and to grab a quick bite to eat. We stopped in at the local bar, quick service and cheap food. There was a male bartender working. He wasn’t bad looking. My partner sure put the eyes on him. Normally it’s the other way around. Food was okay, not as good as usual. Maybe my taster is off.
Anyway, supper time came and everyone was in line for chow, including Mr. Big Boy. So he is better, eating and thus far it’s all staying down.
My concern was that we would have to take him to the vet and that we might be a t the end of the line. Thankfully it looks like my prayer was answered. I sure hope he stays healthy or as healthy as he can.
Pretty much everyone here with a couple exceptions has had some type of digestive problem, me included. I can take care of myself it’s the cats that will cost me and that is money I don’t have now, so it’s bad timing.
Some more good news. Today’s mail brought me a letter from an agency that informed me I recently gave consent to a prospective employer to check my background. They were notifying me by law that they did a criminal background check and my record came back clean. Nice, but then again we all knew I am no criminal.
I was remarking to my partner how I haven’t heard from several people in a while. Tonight the phone rang and woke me up from my nap. It was a friend of mine telling me that she was contacted for a job reference. It was by the same agency that sent me the letter. So things may be looking up after all. I know this was for the first job I interviewed for last week. Perhaps they will be calling me soon to make me an offer. I’m not too terribly excited because I’ve been to this stage before and things fell apart. Not until someone makes me an offer will I get too worked up.
I also got an e-mail from a client that a recruiter submitted me to. They want a face to face interview this week. I wrote them back to firm something up, just waiting for a response which I am sure will come tomorrow.
In case your wondering I chose yellow for this news because I am cautiously optimistic. There is good and bad with most every job. I just hope where ever I land it’s quick and they pay really well.
Outside of that it was just a normal hum drum day. The weather outside looked like summer but felt more like winter to me. It’s actually more spring like temperatures. Thankfully the weather will be warmer tomorrow. Of course the day my interview is will be the hottest day of the week. Isn’t that the way it always goes? I will be all dressed up wearing two shirts and sweating to death.
I hope your Monday went well and that my posts helped make your day brighter. I mean there was music and men, so something for most everyone. Plus you got the It Doesn’t Get Better Video which I thought was a hoot. Take care and I will talk with you peeps later!
2 comments:
Things are hopefully turning out for you..... keeping my fingers crossed! And I'm glad Big Boy did start eating! *whew*
You need a plateau, my friend. No more downs, just ups!
Thanks. You are right about that plateau I am so ready! Bring on the job and let things normalize. No more bad or negative - only good and positive!
Post a Comment