The day started off calm. I woke up close to noon and pushed the alarm up to 12:30. I stuck my hand out and Jumper grabbed a hold of it and and then while still holding on put his head on my arm. There is a good sign it’s time to sleep in! It was really great, my boy sure has been quite the cuddle bug lately.
The job interview was short, sweet and very much to the point. I was supposed to meet with a Father & Son Team but only the Father was there. He complimented me on my excellent resume. Then he asked me to walk him through my experience. He was very surprised not only by my resume but by the fact that I spoke to every point on my resume. He said so many people submit a good document but can’t back it up with words. So there were 300 people that applied for this job. He really likes me and wants to hire me. However, before he makes a final decision I have to meet with the Son. The son is here tomorrow but we are having problems getting our schedules lined up. I was told he is making a special trip in to see me. Okay, if he were there today then we wouldn’t be in this predicament. I found out that I would be the IT Department at this company. There is good and bad to that. Plus the ad I answered said nothing about travel and the guy told me there would be some travel. Okay, right now I am not too terribly picky considering my income has dried up.
This place contracts there IT work out. That’s great but what kind of a mess will I be getting myself in? Simple troubleshooting and rolling out new computers won’t be a problem. When you get into Server Management and beyond, I would have to have some help. Perhaps I could get help from a Business Partner (vendor) or maybe they wouldn’t be adverse to hiring another person. These are all questions I have to find out when my second interview takes place. I’m told that will happen tomorrow, but we shall see.
I stopped by the unemployment office to report in. I still think my benefits are done but I will wait & see what happens.
I got a call from a Confidential Ad I answered. I’ve got another interview set for Thursday.
I plan on reaching out to the place that I was at a couple weeks ago. They did a background check on me and yet I still see the job advertised through consultants. I have avoided applying for fear that a duplicate submission would kick me out of the game. I hope they can give me some good news. They require travel too, but there is a team of people I would be working with. None of this fresh out of the box stuff.
Remember the interview with the GEICO Gecko? Well they rejected me this morning. I was surprised because I was submitted at such a low ball rate.
So there are multiple possibilities of where I could end up. I just hope it’s some place where I will be happy, raking in lots of dough and more importantly it’s a place where I am supposed to be at. I have a feeling that regardless of where I end up, there will be a challenge waiting for me in some capacity. I’m just ready to go!
I know this should have gone in earlier but I wanted to save it for last. I saw one of my old co-workers that I have a crush on. He was just walking down the street. I got out to feed a parking meter and when I got back in, that’s when I noticed him. He never saw me. Damn, he still looks fine. I of course eyed him up and down and oh that butt, it’s still so fine! (blushes) I found out over the weekend he and his wife are having a baby. That’s good news for them. I am happy for them. Still seeing him brought back a flood of memories of what once was.
I also saw a couple of guys that I used to work with many moons ago. There is no doubt that if I get this job I will constantly be running into familiar faces. Plus I would be back on mass transit and that too would have me seeing familiar faces. Some people I won’t mind running into and others well I wish I wouldn’t run into them.
I still feel like something is about to pop for me, I just can’t stand nor can I afford to wait. I hope that this is the last week of unemployment. Stay tuned and I will take you with me on the ride. I am washing my interview clothes from today so they are fresh for tomorrow. I hate to show up in the same thing but I’ve got one Interview & Funeral Shirt and that’s about all I can say. Once I get more money I can work on expanding my wardrobe.
No comments:
Post a Comment