Wow, it’s been a hectic and busy day! Just got some down time and figured I’d take a few minutes to post a bit.
Had Pasta Salad and cold pizza for supper last night. Same thing I had for lunch. Just wanted to knock out the pizza. I do have a little pasta salad left and plan to polish it off soon. It was also very quick and easy which I am all about when it comes to a meal.
Work has picked up a bit since my mistake making co-worker is out. Found out yesterday that he’s actually out until June 1. He wouldn’t tell me that directly when we spoke, instead he deflected and dogged answering the question. However, the boss told us yesterday. I am thinking about taking a week of vacation when he comes back just to spite him for not being upfront with me.
I played a little bit this morning (when I had some free time that passed by quickly) with a new Windows 11 machine at work. It’s all locked down and I have to be super careful with what I do to it and install on it. However, I need to personalize it to my liking because sooner rather than later it will become one of my primary machines. I don’t know about you but I am just not a fan of Win 11. I am more anxious for Win 12 – that should be better if history proves to be true. I miss the Quick Launch Toolbar for starters. I don’t like MS365 and the big push to the cloud. Outside of being a little bit of a nightmare to police from a security standpoint I am not crazy about my data residing there versus on my local machine. Yeah, I know there is encryption and password protecting you can do. However, my hands are kind of tied at work I can’t dictate what OS I want to use, I have to use what is provided like it or not.
However, at home I am in full control. I’ve already gotten an email from Microsoft telling me that Win 10 is going EOL (End Of Life) later this year and that I should upgrade to Win 11. I am considering upgrading my laptop as I think it will operate faster and honestly I don’t use that machine all that much, other than to connect to a work machine or do some surfing. Based on that experience in trying to get my laptop to feel more like a WIN 10 machine than a WIN 11 machine will dictate if I upgrade my main machine. I am considering paying Microsoft for an additional year of support in hopes that Win 12 will be out and before the year is up I can upgrade to that in the hopes it will be better. Win 11 does appear to be slicker and solid for the most part it just doesn’t provide the conveniences that I have become accustom to. Are you using Win 11? What are your thoughts/experiences?
It was quite hot in here last night but the humidity wasn’t nearly as bad as it has been in the past. I think that is largely due to the fact that once the sunset it really cooled off outside. I suffered through it since it was only 1 day. It’s much more normal today and we are plagued with high winds and rain. Shame the wind doesn’t quite get rid of all of the leaves and sticks in my yard.
Off to get some eye candy for y’all and then I will be headed up to be with the cats and hopefully the work day is done! Take care and thanks for stopping by.
No comments:
Post a Comment