20 March 2025

What’s up Doc?

My doctor finally responded to my inquiry last night about the drug to treat this high LPA level.  He did concur with me that my odds of approval are slim in trying to get my insurance to cover the drug.  If a cardiac event were to occur the odds are low but not zero that it would kill me.  There is some family heredity that factors into the result.  Given all of that I am just going to keep on the current meds that I have and we will hope for the best.  I am sure that I will bring it up at my next visit but for now it’s just business as usual. 

I did think about the family part and thought my brother should probably know.  This way it would relieve me of any guilt for having not told him if something were to happen to him.  I wrote a short letter to him and am heading out later today to mail it.  Given our last interaction was when Gator died and it wasn’t all that pleasant I figure it’s just best to convey the results and suggest that he speak with his doctor to consider having the test ran.  This way he knows and I’ve done my duty.  If my brother is still the same as he used to be, he’s not seeing a doctor regularly and only goes to one when he gets sick or something is seriously wrong.  Maybe that wife of his has changed that but I seriously doubt it.  

I stuffed myself last night with Spaghetti & Meatballs.  I was full but kept eating just to polish off the dish, very bad thing to do.  I was miserable up until I fell asleep several hours later.  Talked with a friend on the phone and then worked on the letter.  That was pretty much my evening. 

Didn’t sleep the best and not exactly sure what position my foot was in but damn it hurts today, feels like I sprained something.  I felt fine before bed and haven’t had any events that would cause this.  Just noticed it when I woke up in the middle of the night.  Ah the joy of getting old and sleeping in odd positions.  Ye old body isn’t nearly as forgiving as it once was. 

Work today has been a nightmare.  It started shortly after I sat down this morning to begin work.  Things finally settled down around 11a when I was permitted to take a bathroom break.  Rudy bugged me for food and I took care of him.  I am about to head up to see about lunch and relax a bit, lord knows I could use it. 

Looking forward to the weekend.  No real plans but I know that I will manage to entertain myself and enjoy my time away from work.  Sleeping in sure does sound nice, especially after the day I have had today. 

Hope that all is well in your world.  Take care!

No comments: