02 March 2025

The Weekend

Made it to the breakfast buffet.  It was truly a bust and I was disappointed, especially after driving a little over an hour to get there and looking so forward to it all week long.  The eggs were ice cold, the sausage links they had tasted odd but I ate them.  They had decent French Toast Sticks but no other flavor of syrup than maple so I ate them plain.  Hash Browns in a wedge kind of like you’d get from McDonald’s but way bigger.  Blueberry Muffins dusted with powered sugar.  There were a couple of egg casseroles I tried one of them and it was greasy, I saw sausage and thought it would be pretty good.  Turns out it was a locally made sausage cured in beer and it tasted God awful.  I wondered what I put in my mouth so I asked the waitress and she told me that everyone raves over it.  I told her that it was disgusting and she was surprised at my reaction.  Dropped $19.01 that included a tip and then headed home. 

Well not straight home, I went to my friends shop in hopes that they would know the crazy lady from the gas station but no luck.  Tried Cheeseburger Flavored Doritos and they were really good. 

While I was at the breakfast buffet my Thanksgiving friends reached out via text and I’ve arranged to meet them tonight for supper.  I came home from my friends shop and had the best intentions of taking a nap but called to setup dinner for tonight and wound up in a two hour phone conversation where we talked about everything from current happenings to my late spouse and his health.  It was a walk down memory lane and damn I really miss him!

I ventured out to Ruby Tuesday’s which is where I originally wanted to go on Friday.  They had a Garlic Lover’s Burger it sounded good but turns out it was Charbroiled and it tasted gross but I ate it.  At least I got some decent Tater Tots, haven’t had those in forever.  It was time to pay my bill and I heard the bar tender explaining a bill to a customer at the bar.  She went over and over saying the same thing.  Then she roped in my waitress and after a few times of hearing the same story I totally understood his bill way better than he did. He ordered a couple drinks and shots and wasn’t prepared for the cost, he thought he was being over charged.  He also got food.  The manager was involved and that’s when I asked the bar tender how much his bill was she said $80 and then corrected herself to say $60.  I told her I was going to offer to pay it just to shut him up but damn that was a little steep plus it involved liquor and I’m just not a fan of paying for someone’s habit.  I walked out and thought wow I probably dodged a bullet.  I love to help people and that is what seems to attract the crazy factor, at least in the last couple days. 

This morning I went out for breakfast as per usual.  I walked in and noticed it was oddly quiet and then I heard we have no power it will be two hours before it’s back on.  Damn I was really looking forward to breakfast.  I walked out and thought everything happens for a reason.  For the first time in over a year I went back to Cracker Barrel.  I not only saw the waiter I had a crush on and asked out, he was my waiter.  He remembered me and my drink order.  The menu has seriously changed but I knew what I wanted and ordered it.  He told me that he’s been traveling to California and he just bought a house.  Then he told me where he lived, general area and asked me again to refresh his memory where I lived.  He touched my shoulder and said it’s really good to see you again.  Fuck he looked as hot as ever.  I really want him not only sexually but as a friend.  However, I’ve done my recon work and not only is he in his early 20’s but he’s got a criminal record that’s pretty long and he has this habit of driving without a license and getting caught constantly.  He’s got a case pending now.  If it wasn’t for his criminal record I would continue to pursue him until he either told me to get lost or gave in and went out on a date with me.  I am sure that there is probably more to his criminal story that what I see on-line but it is truly a disappointment.  I was really counting on him going out with me some three years ago when I initially approached him but he told me he had school but he would for sure call me.  He plaid games and strung me along.  Yeah he broke my heart but that’s also why I haven’t been there in over a year.  I can’t shove my feelings aside for wanting him I just know that having it actually come to fruition is not only dangerous it’s probably just not happening.  I’m sure he’s still got my number and I have his, unless he’s changed it.  If he wants to make a move I’m willing to at least go on a date with him.  I’ve let him know many, many times that I am very interested, I think to the point where my desperation showed.  I just don’t get why he would tell me that he was interested and exchange numbers with me but not follow through, kind of wish that he would have just said no, that would have hurt but I’d be over it by now.  I’ve been thinking about him ever since I left Cracker Barrel and I know he’s going to be in my thoughts for a while.  Everything happens for a reason and I think I have dogged a pretty big bullet here but yet I keep putting myself in the line of fire over and over.  Guys and there good looks – I’m just a sucker and desperate at that.  Not desperate enough to just do a hookup though.  That’s why I’ve got such a porn addiction.  It’s been a little over a decade since I got laid and to say I’ve got the itch to fuck is quite the understatement.  It’s only getting worse the longer this goes on.  If I didn’t engage in self pleasure I would be in serious dire straights. 

Looking forward to seeing my friends and catching up as well as getting some advice from them.  I think I am going to talk with HR and let them know about the crazy lady not only for my own protection but for the sake of the business.  My telling them can only help both of us and if they opt to interview and hire her well then that’s on them.  I do want to preserve and protection my reputation.  I think that is the right thing to do and I will certainly think twice before I ever hand my business card to a complete stranger ever again. 

Thanks for stopping by and reading my yapping.  I hope your doing well and life is treating you well.  It’s back to work for me tomorrow and I don’t look forward to it at all but it’s a necessary evil to continue to keep on keeping on.  Cheers!

No comments: