Yesterday I continued to get an error from the battery charger. I ran a cranking and load test from another tool that I have and the load test failed. That made me think that whatever issue has been going on was coming to a head. I threw caution to the wind and phoned my friend he said come on out. I told work I had car issues and would be gone for a bit. Changed clothes and then I drove out and made sure to run the blower on high, lights on and radio on. I figured if it’s going to die then it should happen on the way out or at the very least it should cause some alarms to start to go off. Nothing happened.
Sure enough I got there and my friend ran every test he could think of even scanning codes and nothing. The charging system and load tested out okay. The battery did loose 10 cold cranking amps according to his test results. It’s only been about two weeks since I had my oil changed and they checked it then I had extra cold cranking amps. The advise I got was drive it until it dies. Personally, I think the battery is on it’s way out but we shall see.
At least I got a free lunch out of the deal and spent some time with my friend, all while getting paid. Plus it didn’t cost me anything but my time and the gas money for the drive. Not too shabby. Most shops would have at least charged for the diagnostics.
My phone was going nuts while I was away and I knew that work was just pouring in. A few hours and I was back home and in clean up mode. There were only like 26 emails and most of which were junk. I started to deal with what I had to and then my bosses boss called with some questions. Damn the one person I never ever want to hear from. I took care of him and then another storm started brewing and before you know it I was neck deep in work.
The afternoon passed by quickly. I hadn’t done any personal surfing and still wanted to do some of that. By the time I got back upstairs it was around 4:30p. The cats were upset but glad to see me. It didn’t help that I went to the garage to tinker for a bit. I thought I would add the charger back on to maintain the charge but it was moving slow, progressing but still moving slow. My volt meter showed the battery was overcharged and at that point I just said screw it, if the battery gets low then I will deal with it.
Got to eat some supper and pass out dinner for the cats. Someone got pretty sick while I was gone in the morning and I had quite the messes to clean up. Once I got past those land mines it was just a matter of passing out attention to each of the cats to get them to calm down and forgive me for being so inattentive for the bulk of the day.
Settled in and watched some TV catching up from Sunday’s great shows and then moved to YouTube for a bit. Saw the wireless access point in the kitchen was off so I had to tinker with the home network to get things back in working order, just a simple reboot and some patience. Then it was back to watching the F1 series on Netflix. Both cats were sleeping and I pulled out the laptop to continue on with personal surfing and clean up of my desktop.
I think I had too much screen time before I went to bed because I was wide awake and it just felt like I couldn’t shut my brain off. I did manage to fall asleep but that never really registered with me. I woke up at 3a and had to use the bathroom and then needed to watch TV before I was able to get back to sleep around 4a. Once again it never really registered with my brain that I was sleeping. I woke up at 6a and just bided my time until 7a rolled around and I had to get up.
I watch the local news when I get up but I was surprised to see a baseball game being broadcast, so I had to switch to national news to keep me company while I scarfed down my breakfast. Then I heard the local weather we have an expected high today of 78. It’s going to be a scorcher in the house again. I am going to try to suffer through it since it’s only supposed to be for one day. Maybe I will get lucky and see some hot shirtless dudes walking by the house. I don’t expect it but still can hold out hope.
As for tomorrow right now I am planning on just staying home. I was really looking forward to going in but I think that once I am in I will be trapped there until rush hour and I hate driving in that. I might change my mind but it’s kind of doubtful. Plus with my co-worker gone I never know when something is going to pop and need me. This way I am right here and can jump on anything that needs quick attention.
Here’s hoping that it doesn’t get terribly hot in the house today and that I am able to get some quality sleep tonight. Hope all is well in your neck of the woods. Take care!
No comments:
Post a Comment