31 January 2025

Work It–Friday

Ah the day that I have been waiting for is finally here, Friday!  Not just because it’s the last work day of the week but because I have a massage scheduled for later on this evening.  I wish I could just fast forward through the day and skip to that, which I consider to be the good part.  Despite some pain and soreness I know I will have I do rather enjoy getting the knots worked out.  I could stay on a massage table for hours not that my wallet could but I just get there and never want to leave.  I’d really like to fall asleep there, when I wake up I am sure I’d be super groggy but damn relaxed.  I’ve been in that super groggy state before that’s how I was when I was new but now that I am used to it I am more lightly groggy and it wears off quickly. 

Finished off the crappy pizza last night.  I won’t make that same mistake again.  Only decent frozen pizza I can say is consistent on flavor and turns out the same each time is Tombstone.  Not sure why the retailers in my area don’t all carry that brand.  However, I know one store that does and in fact I have one left in the freezer. 

The bigger quest is what should I eat tonight.  I’m thinking I will make it a sweet night and polish off a slice of cake or something quick and simple.  Last time I gulped down my dinner and it felt like it was starting to come back up when I was on the table.  I want to avoid that for sure.  I don’t plan on doing anything but vegging after the massage and going to bed, my day will be done. 

On the work front I’ve zipped through several things this morning.  One of which was finding more mistakes by my mistake making co-worker.  I kind of feel like he would fit right in Trump’s cabinet since he fucks up just like they do.  I guess it’s a good thing we don’t do anything that is life and death.  I just don’t get how after 5 years of me pointing out his fuck ups that the boss won’t do anything other than say bad boy you need to do better and call it a day.  I think of this and it’s kind of motivation to leave the job and let them wallow in their fuck ups.  Not gloating but I know that without me lots of things would fall apart.  They did when I was out with COVID and they do each time I get sick and am out for even one or two days.  Imagine that being the norm.  I know that eventually some heat would come and they would have to reform.  I am very much carrying them and yeah it’s kind of old but I guess life goes on. 

Started watching the new season of The Recruit last night on Netflix.  I am only three episodes in I believe.  It came time for me to take a shower and I paused it.  I plan to resume again later this evening and/or tomorrow.  I expect that it will be my weekend entertainment.  Seeing content like this on a more regular basis would make me feel like my money is being well spent on the subscription. 

Here’s hoping that today will fly by just a little faster than yesterday did.  I do hope that the calm theme from work continues.  This has been the most laid back week of on-call that I have had in a very long time.  Here’s hoping that I haven’t jinxed myself. 

Have a great weekend and be well!

No comments: