27 January 2025

The Flood Gates Opened

Morning … I made it to Red Lobster yesterday afternoon.  It was a nice drive up.  They weren’t busy and I got seated right away.  I sat in a booth by the window and it kind of felt a bit like I was sitting outside.  It was damn cold.  My waitress came over and got my order.  I got my cup of soup and she warned me that it was very hot.  I saw the butter in the base of it and just knew it was going to be delicious.  I cautiously took a few bites and yeah it was hot but damn it was good.  I finished the bowl, sniffles and all.  Soup always makes my nose run a bit.  As I sat and waited for my meal the flood gates of my nose opened up and I was constantly tending to my nose and sneezing.  That went on for hours, even after I got home.  Clearly I encountered something I was allergic to but not exactly sure what it was. 

I got my fish and ate that.  I could have polished off the whole meal but I used some restraint and brought home two pieces and some left over mashed potatoes, that will be supper tonight.  My waitress got me some bread to take home and some extra tartar sauce.  The price they get for soup is a bit on the high side but still I wanted it and ate it so I paid for it.  Really wanted a bowl instead of a cup but the bowl was just too pricy for me. 

Both cats greeted me when I got home.  I passed out their dinner before I left because I knew it would be close to normal feeding time when I got home.  They were both on me because they wanted treats.  Despite it being early I opened a new package and got them taken care of. 

Then it was time to work on me.  I took some extra allergy meds and use some nasal spray.  Ye old nose was still flowing heavy.  I just prayed that I wasn’t going to be sick in the morning.  I finally got it to calm down.  Once the extra allergy pill kicked in that dried everything up until I was ready to go to bed.  Then it started up again but I used a different nasal spray and that helped a little bit. 

I got my laundry put away and enjoyed a nice evening in front of the TV with both cats.  Brushed both of them.  They both enjoyed it but Rudy just wouldn’t sit still to let me finish.  Mora wanted me to only do one side and not the other.  Picky.  I was pleased with the amount of fur I got off of her.  Rudy doesn’t shed a whole lot.  However, he is the one who coughs periodically.  To me he is an excessive groomer and between that and bathing his sister it’s no mystery to me as to why he is the one with the cough. 

Watched a couple episodes of Night Court and by 10p I was starting to fade.  I climbed in bed and finished the current episode I was on and then turned out the lights.  I was out quickly and woke up around 1a but managed to roll over and get back to sleep.  Woke up around 5a and then Rudy woke me up at 6a.  Both times I rolled over and went back to sleep.  I woke up naturally before 7a and once again forgot about the alarm clock.  I was fixing my breakfast when it went off.  I headed back to my room and turned it off.  Then I was able to enjoy my breakfast.  That’s when Mora comes in and does her eating as well.  The cats played a little bit then sat drinking water together in front of the water fountain. 

Here I am on-call and available for the first crisis.  I’ve tackled a few things this morning already.  I hope it’s a calm day as Monday’s typically are a bit laid back.  Tuesday & Wednesday are much busier and Thursday’s & Friday’s are more relaxed.  This is all typical behavior but seems like it’s always a full moon and Friday the 13th when I am on call because all of the weird stuff happens.  Being on-call is a lot like gambling you just never know what is going to happen.  That my friends is why I don’t leave the house until the weekend when I am on-call unless it’s absolutely necessary.  Seems like I am always watching out for others but the favor isn’t reciprocated to me as much. 

I am happy to report I feel normal but my nose is still bothering me a little bit.  I really don’t want to be sick again.  There was talk in the news about something called snow mold.  As the snow melts away the mold becomes more airborne and folks with allergies begin to suffer.  I checked my list of things I am allergic to last night and mold isn’t on there but I have gotten sick from it before so I’d say I am allergic.  Perhaps it’s what is in the air and just allergies, if I will manage.  Time will certainly tell.  Were in for a warm day in the 50’s.  Nice to be out of the deep freeze.  I know that it’s probably just a matter of time before we go back because Winter is far from over. 

My cyst is still hanging around it was really bothering me again on Saturday and I once again almost poked it with a needle.  Had to talk myself down.  It’s better now but still flares up.

Best wishes for a great Monday for all.  Hoping that evening time rolls around quickly so I can enjoy my fish and hopefully relax a bit.  Thanks for dropping by, it means a lot to me to have you here.  Take care.

No comments: