Hi there. It was a freezing ride home, I warmed up once I was about 15 minutes from home. I broke out the gloves which I normally don’t wear. The seat warmer felt good and so did the heat but I just had a hard time getting warm. Once I got home and walked in the house that all changed and I went to super hot. Partially because I was sitting in the sun.
The cats greeted me as per usual. Mora was walking up to the door and Rudy was in his box (it’s an Amazon box he loves). I said the magic word of food and they both became anxious, which was expected.
I got them fed and went to change clothes. Then to put away the stuff from lunch that I didn’t eat and get logged into the computer. My phone was chirping the whole way home and as per usual I wondered what fresh hell was waiting for me but turns out all was calm.
As I waited for the business day to end so that I could finish up my work, I turned on the TV and watched Episode 2 of an Amazon series called On Call. It’s a police drama based in Long Beach CA. Very realistic with society today all though I don’t know much about gang life but imagine that was depicted accurately. I was attracted to the guy who plays Officer Alex Diaz (played by Brandon Larracuente ) he had a shirtless scene and damn he’s really fine looking to me.
Eventually the day ticked away and rather than jump into work I opted to grab a bite to eat. It had only been about an hour and a half since I arrived home but Rudy wanted his supper. They viewed the meal they got when I got home as a late lunch. I gave in and put another can down. Rudy ate part of that and still begged me for some Fettuccini. I just ignored him and he tried but he eventually gave up. I hated to do that but I wanted to eat too.
I took care of work after dinner and then I jumped back into On Call. They started an episode where a crazy teenager was racing through a subdivision and hit a dog. The dog was in bad shape. That was emotional to me. I think they had to shoot the dog but I couldn’t watch that had to fast forward. I started crying and had to pause the TV until I regained my composure. I think had I not had any experience with pet loss that I might have been able to handle it but it was just too raw and real for me. Anyway, I wound up finishing the series. I hope they make another season it was a very well done show! One thing I hated was the recap at the start of each episode, at least there was a skip button but still if you binge watch a show you don’t need the recap, just my opinion.
Once that was over I wound up turning over to regular TV and saw St. Denis Medical on NBC it was good as usual. Then on to FOX and watching DOC with Scott Wolf. That pretty well took me to bed time.
I was amazed that I seemed to have endless energy and never tired out all day long despite being up since 5a. Even when it was bed time it was a little difficult to wind down. However, once I had enough I fired up the white noise machine and said good night to the cats. Turned out the light and rolled over. Then I was out until around 2a when I had to use the restroom and still managed to get right back to sleep until 5a when I had to repeat things. Rudy was in around 6:00a to wake me and I rolled over again and woke up a half hour later and after laying awake for a couple minutes to savor what was left, I got up and started moving.
Did some Amazon shopping yesterday and have a space heather coming for my office. The basement does get cold and it’s nice to kick on a space heater to get warm. The one I ordered is similar to the one I have upstairs. It’s got a remote and a thermostat as well as oscillation. I think it will keep me quite comfy cozy. Plus it’s got modern safety features. Based on the weather forecast it sounds like I ordered it just in time. We have another artic blast of cold air coming. Minimal chance for more snow but it’s mostly super cold weather.
Thus far it’s a quiet work day with nothing pending on my plate. I do have a couple systems to backup but that is quick and easy, I usually put it off until after lunch. Unless something comes rolling in that needs my attention for all intense and purposes I am free. I know if I go to take a nap or decide to stray from home for even a quick minute that is when all hell will break loose so I just stay put and ready. I’d rather be ready and waiting for a storm that never comes than to leave and not be able to handle a storm that came.
The cyst is still hanging on. It’s shrunk and not bothering me nearly as much today. Hopefully, in a few more days it will be all gone. There are times when I flex my arm a certain way it strikes the tendon and that really hurts like hell. I did think seriously last night about breaking out a needle but I know I am better off not playing doctor with my own body, even though I think I know what I am doing. I have no medical degree or training. I’d hate to have to go to the ER and look like a fool because I decided to try to “fix” something and wound up creating a bigger problem.
Looking forward to my massage this evening. My upper back is aching and in need of some attention. I long for the feeling of a warm rock being rubbed on my back or even a hot towel. Hands are good too but I’d rather feel the rock. Nothing sexual about a massage for me although if I had a hot guy for a massage therapist I might not be able to keep it together. Finding a decent massage therapist is difficult and once you get one you want to hang on to them. For me all of the good ones have happened to be women, which is fine. I’d rather not have sexual tension. It’s all about relief and relaxation for me. This will take up the bulk of my evening but it’s so worth it.
I’m off to see what the day has in store for me. Here’s hoping that I remember tomorrow morning it will be Friday and not Saturday. My massages usually happen on a Friday and it’s a great way to end a long trying week. Hope you have a great Thursday! Thanks for stopping by.
No comments:
Post a Comment