14 January 2024

Vveerryy Coold

It’s dangerously cold out right now.  Were in the negative numbers and my furnace is working overtime keeping us toasty warm.  Since Monday is a holiday and its highly recommended that everyone stays in doors unless you absolutely have to travel today, I am heeding that advice.  I’m not happy about it but I know I am warmer than I would be if I was riding around going from place to place. 

Yesterday I got my haircut, hung out with some friends and came home.  I had plans of going back out but they never materialized and the cold set in.  Then we got some snow showers.  It was great to watch it snow.  Didn’t amount to much of anything. 

My insomnia kicked in and I got up and got some junk food.  Rudy followed me to the kitchen and begged but I didn’t give in.  The last thing I want is him waking me up in the middle of the night for food like Gator used to when she started to have her issues.  Feeding him once in the middle of the night is just encouragement.  Besides that he had plenty of dry food but like any cat that knows good from bad, he much prefers the wet food.  It’s a luxury that I don’t believe they were ever afforded before. 

Rudy was quick to wake me at 7am so I got up and fed him because normally I would be up.  I came back to bed but eventually wound up getting up and getting something to eat, so that the sugar high would wear off and I would get sleepy and be able to come back to bed.  Today was the perfect day for just sleeping in.  Both cats snuggled up with me in bed. 

I woke up around 10am and felt hot so I got up and watched TV.  Neither cat moved out of bed.  They looked so comfy and cozy.  Eventually Mora came over and sat in my lap as I watched TV.  I kept thinking about chores and wanting to get them done so I got up and we had some lunch and I got busy. 

Right now were in the basement and I am working on laundry.  It’s great to let them in down here then I go back up and run the vacuum.  They know what’s coming so they stay put and I don’t have to deal with them being freaked out from the big noisy machine. 

I’ve got high hopes for laundry plan on doing multiple loads and even working in some mopping of floors.  Tomorrow it will be still dangerously cold but we won’t have negative numbers just single digits.  I need grocery's at the very least so I do plan on trying to get an early start and do my normal Sunday routine but on Monday.  That is highly dependent upon a good nights sleep. 

Listening to the police scanner it sounds like people are out and about, despite the weather.  All I can say is good for them, hope they stay warm. 

Today is Rudy & Mora’s 1 year anniversary of being with me.  It was damn cold when I brought them home one year ago but it wasn’t negative numbers or even single digits, just normal winter cold like 25 to 30 degrees.  They are quite a bit happier than they were one year ago today and they have a good home.  Might not be the best in terms of class but they have way more room than they ever did stuck at a shelter in a kitty condo, not to mention the good food.  We did brushing and claw trims last night.  Both of them tried to bite me with the claw trim.  They were quite unhappy about it.  I don’t want to get all marked up and Rudy had already poked me a couple times in my chest and it itches.  I’m glad I have them and that we all get along reasonably well.  They have got me through some dark days and provided quite the entertainment and memories. 

With that Mora is begging me to head up so stay warm and I will talk with you all again soon. 

No comments: