Good Morning! I hope your all warm and doing well. Things are off to a much more normal rhythm this morning. Work is calm and relaxed with not much going on, typical for a Thursday but things can change at any moment. Kind of like the tide of the ocean. It comes in waves.
Last night my supper wasn’t Lasagna I had pretzels with ranch dip and a Blueberry Lemon Muffin. It just sounded good to me at the moment and I really wanted a break from Italian. I’ll probably have the Lasagna tonight and more pizza for lunch.
I watched the latest episode of The First 48 about a triple homicide of two adults and a child. I didn’t take note that it was a two hour episode but I followed it and thought the detectives did an outstanding job. I like the fact that they let the case play out over three years and in the end you could see what the suspects who were now convicts got. After that I moved on to an episode of 20/20 about a 16 year old kid who killed his parents. He said he was innocent. The house was locked, the alarm was set and there really wasn’t a way in without tripping the alarm. The kid was tried 3 times but as an adult and this all took place in Texas. There was an expert that testified in the second trial that the alarm system was wholly unreliable and you could open doors while it was set and it wouldn’t go off. Who in the world would keep a system like that? If my alarm system did that I would kick it to the curb. The idea is to protect you not lull you into a false sense of security but alarm companies do that. In any event he was convicted. He still maintains his innocence but his own words and 911 call is ultimately what convicted him. After that I was done with TV.
I wanted to type a story out but Mora had other plans. I passed out treats and by the time I got settled she had scarfed down what she wanted and was waiting to jump up into my lap and arm for more attention. I wound up surfing social media and sitting in silence with her and her brother. Rudy was asleep and Mora was just enjoying herself. She got to a point where she wanted something and kept begging me. Turns out it was food but I wasn’t cracking another can open. I made her eat the dry food. She got cat nip early and a belly rub out of that fiasco so I’d say she did really well.
Ah Winter and Dry Skin. I hate it. The itch, the cracking of your hands. The itch mostly affects my back but today my problem is my hand. It started itching like crazy last night and I knew what it was so I rubbed some O’Keefe’s on it which does work wonders. However, the itch has persisted this morning. It matters not why or what caused the itch I just hate the feeling. Resisting scratching is the worst and eventually I give in and that just makes things worse. Hopefully, it will go away.
It’s Amazon delivery day for me. Looking forward to my new bed stuff, it’s a bed in a bag so sheets, pillow cases and a comforter. My bed will look way different this weekend. I know the cats will fur up the comforter but they like to dig and scratch at the covers. That’s kind of my fault. I want to put on the electric blanket but I don’t want them to claw into that. They might get a charge out of it or might set me or the bed on fire and I don’t want that either. With it being cold out I can’t help but think of Gator and how she would bury herself under the covers and stay there for hours just soaking up the warmth. You could go all through the house looking for her and then you’d see the lump in the bed and know she got cold and was warming up. I’d poke her sometimes and she would squeeze with a meow. That would either make her come out to see who it was or she would just stay there and not make a sound because she was comfy. She was truly a smart little girl.
Got to wrangle the trash. I am sure that it won’t get picked up until Saturday. I am waiting before I go setting it out as there is usually a robo phone call that comes in to announce that pickup will be a day late. I don’t want to walk outside unless I have to. I’m not a huge fan of cold weather either. Right now it looks like it’s possible that we will get some decent snow next week but that depends on what the storm does, lots of waiting to see how it will pan out.
I’m headed upstairs to be with the cats and move away from the computer. I’ll have my trusty phone with me that I am sure will annoy me and cause me to have to work because it’s just too quiet but there is also a chance that I might just be able to slide under the radar. Only time will tell.
Stay warm and be well.
No comments:
Post a Comment