19 January 2024

Technology Sucks Friday

Hit any key to continue-3652112478    Good Morning and Happy Friday!

I hope that today is off to a better start for you than it has been for me.  Technology and me are butting heads this morning. 

It started off when I went to log in for work, patches were applied last night so I knew that my machine would have rebooted and would take a little longer to go through the normal startup process.  However, fifteen minutes later and I was still looking at the machine starting up.  I logged in to a generic computer and that loaded right away.  I thought I would navigate through the network to my laptop that should be sitting in my office powered on.  However, it appears that it’s powered off.  I’ve asked a colleague to go power it on.  I did a force reboot on my machine at work that I login to daily (its a virtual machine, in case you were wondering) and it eventually came back to life.  It was super slow in starting things but I am at least able to work. 

There are a couple of additional battles I am fighting but really can’t go into detail.  Hopefully, this is the end of it and things will get sorted out quickly. 

In weather we are back in the deep freeze.  There was about an inch to two of snow and it’s blowing all over the place.  I never heard the trash trucks and just hoped that they picked up.  I threw on my coat, hat and gloves and went out.  The garage door opened with no problem at all.  That was a pleasant surprise considering that my day started with problems.  I made it out to fetch the empty barrel and made my way back to the garage and closed the door. 

Knowing that the cold weather zaps batteries I left my hood ajar and hooked up the battery charger.  My battery was a bit low so I am topping it off with a charge.  I don’t need to get out today but tomorrow I will.  The cats need food again and I should get the mail.  I’m not going to fight getting up super early, I plan to let it warm up and get out in the late morning or early afternoon.  That might even lead to a trip to a restaurant.  Sunday we are supposed to warm a little bit and by Monday the temperature should be more normal. 

Moving on to food.  I had a stuffed pepper last night and decided to save the Lasagna for tonight.  Had a small piece of cheesecake and some peaches.  It wasn’t a bad meal. 

For entertainment I watched some more of The Queen of Kings and also the latest episode of Chicago PD.  I liked watching on Peacock because there were no commercials it was just press play and sit back and relax.  Even though the contract dispute has resolved and I can now view my local NBC station I am thinking of keeping Peacock just for the ease of viewing not only that show but also SNL. 

Of course no evening could pass by without me having to give lots of attention to Mora and Rudy chimed in as well.  He waited until I broke out my pens and pad and was trying to finish a story.  Then he wanted to be in my lap and around the pens.  I let him nibble on one of the cheap plastic ones and that seemed to appease him.  My goal was to empty out the pen I was writing with, it was a disposable gel and I did just that.  Ending the story just at the right time. 

Then it was time for bed and some adult entertainment.  I watched the latest CockyBoys scene called Go with the flow – Johnny Ford & Nick Floyd.  Nick was my reason for watching he has a fine booty and gave a great show!  After that was done it was back to regular TV and then soon after lights out for the night. 

My insomnia kicked in around 2:30am and I stayed up for a bit to watch TV and while I felt a strong desire to grab food I just waited it out and managed to return to bed and fall asleep without giving into that.  Rudy and Mora were snuggled up in bed and weren’t leaving.  It’s much warmer in bed not to mention more comfy with memory foam, they are no dummies and it’s all about comfort for a cat.  Unfortunately being a twin bed that doesn’t leave a whole lot of room for me but we make it work.  Come warmer weather they will eventually permit me to sleep alone.  Which is more comfy.  However, I like it when Rudy climbs on top of me and goes to sleep.  That means I only have to fight with his sister for space and she stretches all out as if it’s her bed and not mine. 

Things are quiet at work at the moment.  I had lots of quiet moments yesterday but all hell broke loose more than once.  I suspect that could be the case today but I am more hopeful that it will be quiet.  Other than my previously mentioned shopping on Saturday, I have my normal breakfast out and grocery store run to make on Sunday.  Hopefully I can have a relaxing weekend despite being on-call.  I do have to get up early on Sunday morning for some testing at work, which is no big deal.  I will fight it and hate it but as long as I can get logged in it’s usually over with in 30 minutes. 

Thanks for stopping by.  I hope that your warm and have a nice weekend.  We will talk again soon, until then be well. 

2 comments:

RB said...

Do you subscribe to Cocky Boys? Everyone has their own preference for porn studios. The guys are more mature on Cocky Boys that Helix. Belami guys are super hot, but they are just too perfect for me.

Jeremy Ryan said...

I do not subscribe to CockyBoys. As for studios I enjoy CockyBoys, Falcon, Hot House, Helix, Carnal Plus (fun size boys), Corbin Fisher just to name a few. My taste in porn goes from mild to wild. Ideally I like twinks and college guys. Belami makes some great stuff. Helix used to be a top tier studio in my opinion but they have lost a lot of good talent, there have been scandals as well. That said, they still make some content that appeals to me.