16 January 2024

Dangerously Cold

5ae4cb6d49028ecd872b029577748101-4003253465  Morning, hope that your warm and well.  It’s been dangerously cold here with wind chills in the double negative numbers.  We got some snow last night about an inch.  Looks pretty out but glad I am not out traveling.  The morning news showed that it was truly a rough commute day.  Lots of accidents and traffic snarls.  They encouraged people to work from home if that was an option.  Most of the schools in the area are having remote learning.  That’s the one downside to the pandemic kids won’t have snow days.  That’s not me in the photo, I wouldn’t be crazy enough to take a photo like that, unless I wanted to get seriously sick. 

I opened the door to the garage last night to pitch out some used cat liter and damn even with an insulated garage and a temperature in the garage of 36, it felt much colder.  The door got closed pretty quickly. 

I had half of some store made Spaghetti for supper.  I plan to eat the other half tonight.  I did an impulse buy and got some Mint Chip Klondike bars yesterday.  Had one of those last night.  It was okay but I am typically always disappointed with Klondike I think it is going to taste way better than it actually does.  I’m just not a huge fan.  Others in my family as a kid enjoyed them but not me. 

Watched some YouTube videos and then switched over to The King of Queens.  I am on Season 5 I think and it’s been pretty funny.  Glad that I picked it to watch.  Not sure what I will binge on when it’s done but I still have a ways to go. 

The cats were kind of sleepy last night and not bothering me so much.  Rudy did try to beg for some food while I was eating.  Not once but twice.  I don’t know who fed them from the table but I’d like to give them a kick.  Both of them look so cute when they beg that you almost can’t say no to the pretty face but if it’s table scraps it’s an easy no for me. 

Got my work done and was eager to close up the laptop.  I hate having to work on a holiday or a day off.  I know it’s part of the job but since I am salaried it feels like a huge rip off to me as if I am giving my time and service away.  Here’s hoping for a quiet week in return for my kindness.  I know it won’t work out that way but I can still hope. 

We have a bit of a warm up coming tomorrow but then Thursday it’s back into the freezer and more snow is on the way.  Where was all of this at Christmas time when I really wanted it?  Funny thing the store is still making Christmas Cookies in their bakery but they are branded as assorted cookies.  They are damn good and I will continue to buy them until they stop selling them.  Cookies, Muffins and some of their cakes are about the only things they seem to do to my liking. 

I’ve got 3 meetings today and not looking forward to any of them.  Glad to be home with the furnace running, in my sweats and comfy cozy.  Plus I get to go up and see the cats.  Looking forward to lunch time just to get away from the computer.  Hope that your warm and doing well.  Take care!

No comments: