I hauled myself out of bed early this morning, the cats were happy because they got breakfast. I was very unhappy because I knew why I was up and what the plan was. Followed it all the way through and made it to the office.
Parking was a bit of a nightmare because the garage is full of pickup trucks for some construction work that is going on. I wondered if I was going to find a space and at long last I did.
Found out the fridge was busted next but it’s a work problem not a me problem and I don’t use the fridge. I just heard an alarm sounding, it a fancy thing.
Got all settled in at my desk and got a meeting request from a co-worker to iron something out. That turned into a cluster that lasted an hour and I had to involve others which didn’t help things. That call ended just in time for me to jump on my next call with my boss. He’s back and very disorganized, as per usual. He expects us to be on time or even early to meetings but not him. What a fine example he sets. That meeting ended and I had to start to mingle.
First stop was the bathroom because my bladder, of course they are cleaning the bathroom closest to my office so I had to go to a different floor. Then on to see a friend and chat for a bit. Finally back upstairs to my desk. I needed to tame the email box.
Now it’s working on lunch time and things are quiet oddly. I don’t know if that is a good quiet or a bad quiet but I suppose as time moves forward I will find out soon enough.
Looking forward to early afternoon when I will once again go out in the cold and motor home. I look forward to seeing the cats and to settling in for the rest of the week. I expect that I will be dog tired as the day wears on so I don’t know that I will be doing much of anything tonight other than watching TV.
Saw a good movie yesterday on Starz called Demoted it had Sean Astin and Ron White in it. It was a good film and I hadn’t seen it before. Great way to help occupy the afternoon.
Placed an Amazon order needed some light bulbs for the kitchen, it takes an Incandescent Bulb that is 200W. You can get them in Clear or Frosted but Clear is much brighter and my preference. I really didn’t want to hit up the home improvement store. Needed some refills for a pen, I thought I had them but my stock pile said otherwise. Bought a Jar Opener because those Peaches I love so dearly are packed with a hell of a tight lid and once you loosen it your okay but if it sits in the fridge for a couple days with no action it forms a hell of a bond. I wanted a machine but instead just opted for a gadget to help me get better grip. Got a new comforter and sheets for the bed, the cats will love those and have them all furred up in no time. That will all be delivered later this week. Now I don’t have to go to the Home Improvement Store or the Office Supply store on the weekend I can just stop and get cat food and I will be good.
My appetite is still gone but I had a decent breakfast despite not being hungry I am smart enough to know that my body needs fuel. Debating on if I should even try to eat the sandwich I bought or just snack on Pretzels. Of course it’s Pizza for supper tonight looking forward to getting that gone but I still have a long way to go and it’s only Tuesday. I think it will be around until Friday for sure.
The first work day of many to follow in 2024. Well more work just arrived, not what I wanted but it’s part of the game. Hope that your having a great day, staying warm and are happy. Take care!
No comments:
Post a Comment