It’s Friday Eve again! The only thing better is Friday at the end of the day. Yesterday turned into quite a long day. I was able to end work at my normal time but stayed in front of the computer. I looked down and damn if it wasn’t 6p. The cats pounced when I opened the door, they were vocal and you could tell they were hungry and unhappy. I fixed all of that. Finished off the left over pizza. Had a small hand held snack size Cherry Pie for desert and made my way to my room.
We watched some YouTube videos and hung out. I got on social media and found out that one of my favorite YouTubbers that I’ve been following for years got hacked, his channel disappeared and his Gmail account was taken over. He’s playing hell to try to get it back and honestly it doesn’t sound good. As you can imagine he’s devastated. This is where data backup comes into play so that you have your content always & forever. The email problem all I can say is you get what you pay for. Gmail is really nice but if you run into a problem there is no support. I hope that he can get his channel and account back. At least he still had his social media accounts, which is a good thing.
This scenario is why you want to use different passwords for every account, make them long & strong as well as random. Stick them in a Password Vault and any account that offers Two Factor Authentication, turn it on. Nothing in security is fool proof but the more difficult you make it for a bad guy the less likely you will be a victim. Changing your password on a regular basis isn’t a bad idea either but if they are truly randomized passwords that are long & strong then there is less of a need to do a frequent change. The whole password & security thing can be quite overwhelming. Especially when you climb up the age ladder. Trying to explain this all to an older adult can be quite frustrating.
With last night running over time I really didn’t want to get out of bed this morning and come back to work. Thankfully, Thursday’s are usually slower days. I’ve got a colleague taking care of some project work which frees me up and unless some emergency arises I can loaf all day long if I want to. I’m not doing that but I am not exactly breaking a sweat. I had my morning rush and worked through the items I wanted to accomplish today. I’m just watching to see what comes rolling in and going from there. I’ve got an afternoon meeting which won’t be much fun.
Tomorrow I’ve got 2 people leaving and one of them is already being difficult so it won’t be much fun and I kind of expect a long day but perhaps that will turn around. Right now I am focused on today and we will deal with tomorrow when it happens.
The wind is a blowing here so I am not eager to set the trash out. Hopefully, later in the afternoon things will calm down so nothing blows over and we can have a quiet night.
Looking forward to eating lunch, perhaps taking a nap or watching some TV and just in general pushing myself away from this computer. My neck is bothering me a little bit as is my upper back. I sat on the heating pad last night and boy did that feel good. The only thing better would have been a massage from a human or a machine that applied enough pressure like a human.
Not sure what frozen item I will microwave tonight. Looking forward to hopefully finally diving into the Carrot Cake. The sugar wearing off from that, falling asleep should be effortless tonight or so I hope. Take care and be well. I will talk with you all again soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment