Momma… It’s been exactly 3 years ago today that you passed. I’m sure you already know I kept my promise to you and did right by your family. I’m sure you notice that you have the last member of your family with you or so I hope you did. Gator left me about 2 months ago. Just like with you it was difficult but her passing was extra difficult because it marked the end in the legacy that we built together, the life that we shared and a time when I was actually happy but didn’t realize it. We have been through so much together and now unfortunately I am all alone. I miss you and your kids. Each day I open a photo app on my phone, to have a look back in time and there are few days that there isn’t a picture or a video of you or one of your kids. It makes me say I miss you all the time, it has also brought a smile to my face at times. I miss my family that’s all of your family and the others that joined us along the way plus your other dad.
Please don’t be sad or worried, I am making it. I had to get a couple of cats to help keep me company. In some ways they remind me of a bit of each of you and your kids. It’s not the same and it never will be, the original family is gone but this brother & sister duo are doing their best to keep my life interesting. The boy (Rudy) is super thin and full of energy, loves to follow me and he’s the one I bonded with first. The girl (Mora) is super large, we have bonded but it just took a little longer. She follows me around as well and often comes to sit in my lap or lay on me for attention or just to be close to me. Somehow they have that “cat” ability to read me and my heart, they know me and they know things that are going on inside of me that I’m not even aware of, which is kind of scary. I’ve not taught either one of them the L word (that’s Lunch) like I taught Gator. However, they always seem to want to eat and they have caught on to Lunch time when I take a break to stop and eat. They of course demand to be fed and I take just as good care of them as I did you and your kids. They aren’t replacements for you or any of your family but rather they are new cats to help occupy the void that was created when Gator left. I honestly didn’t want them and was kind of pushed into it, I took them kind of knowing that once we crossed into the house that would pretty well cement our relationship and we would all become a new family. I am their 3rd home if you can believe that. I’ve got my thoughts as to why that is. They are quite the handful at times and they do fight but somehow manage to make up and wind up sleeping with me in my tiny bed, which leaves not a lot of room for me. They ensure that there isn’t a boring moment here.
I’ll never forget you or your family and my love will continue for all of you so long as my heart is beating. I love and miss you all so very much. I long for the day that were reunited if that is actually going to happen. I have my doubts but perhaps I will be pleasantly surprised. I hope that you and your family are all at peace and keeping a watchful eye over me from above.
I sure was a Lucky guy to have our paths cross. I never thought I would be allowed to keep you much less that we would wind up keeping your entire family. It’s amazing how it all just came together. I remember the sheer bliss after all of the kids were born. You were so relieved and we were so proud and pleased that it went well and everyone was alive. Thanks, Momma, for all you did for me and for never forgetting that I was your savior. Oddly you and your family were my saviors.
3 whole years passed by so quickly, the world changed so much and some how we managed to endure and are recovering from the pandemic. I made it through and honestly, I didn’t know if that would happen. I really want to check out and come join you and your family but there still seems to be a need for me to stay down here. Apparently, I’ve still got a mission to complete or something like that.
All my love, hugs & kisses to you. Rest in peace sweet girl. I’ve got it from here.
No comments:
Post a Comment