Friday evening, I took care of getting rid of the difficult individual that was leaving. Little did I know that the worst was yet to come. I was so happy that I thought I was finally done with her, she threw a curve ball and wrecked my Friday afternoon and made my blood boil. I celebrated by shaving and taking a shower. Might not sound like anything big to you but it just felt so damn good. I put the phone on Airplane Mode and relaxed before falling asleep.
Saturday was the day from hell. I woke up early after not sleeping the best. I took care of breakfast for us. Relaxed a bit and watched TV. For some damn reason I felt compelled to take the phone off of Airplane Mode. I believe everything happens for a reason. Well I got an email at work and it was a Big Wig that had called my desk but not left a message. This was odd and I knew something was up, so I called him back. He was surprised and said he was sending me an email. Turns out the person that left needed to have their physical access to the office restored. Jesus, I indicated that it wouldn’t be a problem and to give me 10 minutes. I fired up the laptop, logged in and took care of it. Then sent an email to confirm that it was back on. Still figured that was the last of it. Nope, then the person sent me an email and said that the automatic reply or Out of Office for her account wasn’t on. I assured them that it was in fact on and sent a screen shot to be helpful. That worked to my detriment. I got an OK response back. Then all was quiet.
The phone rang about 15 minutes later and it was the hair cut store. Turns out the lady that cuts my hair called in sick. That’s never happened so I had to reschedule. I worked it so that it would be later in the afternoon. No worries, not happy about it but whatever. I sat naked watching TV with the cats. I heard some loud vehicles outside, I thought I knew what it was but it was still pretty early so I didn’t bother to get up and investigate. Then in 15 minutes my door bell rang. Damn it! I had to throw on clothes pretty fast, answered the door and greeted the tree trimmer. His wife wasn’t with him, which is the norm this time he had another guy and much more equipment. They wiped out the job in a little under an hour. I hated to see them cut down the evergreen in the front yard, it was here when we moved in and it was a favorite tree of everyone. Sadly with time only part of it was alive and it looked hideous, so it had to go. The cats just got used to bird watching so they were a bit upset. I returned to watching TV for a bit and when I heard the wood chipper wind down I knew that he would be knocking on the door again. I threw on some shoes, grabbed my coat and we met each other at the door. Man, he did another nice job. I paid him and off he went. He made the odd comment that he smelled either a skunk outside or someone was smoking dope. I told him that it’s probably a skunk, we seem to get a lot of them this time of the year.
I hung around for a little bit but swapped out my sweatpants for jeans, put on socks and shoes. Then went to grab the mail. Surprise a class action check for $150 arrived, NICE. Totally unexpected. The way the money is rolling in I think that something bad is going to happen – usually when I get some money, no matter how much something always seems to happen to take it away from me. Perhaps I am wrong and I do indeed hope that I am.
I moved on to the Cat Food store. I just got them wet food. Apparently, the supply chain crisis is over for Fancy Feast because they had full shelves, lots of stock and not every flavor but pretty close to it. I dropped what I used to spend in a week for 1 cat. This will last a little bit longer since they only go through 3 cans a day and Gator was eating 6 + cans a day. From there I moved on to Target and opted to skip Sam’s Club. Of course it wasn’t until I am typing this out that I remember I needed Water Softener Salt, so a trip to Sam’s is on my near future list. Target was packed, I think because of the Super Bowl everyone trying to get their shopping done before the big game comes on. Of which I won’t watch any of it, just not my thing.
Then I came home. I had to scramble I needed to take the check to the bank to deposit and then drop off an Amazon Return. Then make it to my haircut appointment. I was over 5 minutes late and rushing the entire way. I figured they would give away my appointment but they just took the next guy. I got his spot but I had to wait a little bit. It was okay and I was pretty happy about that. I have NEVER been late so I am glad that this didn’t turn ugly on me. The person that I got hadn’t cut my hair in a while so she naturally asked about Gator. I broke the news to her. Man she did such a better job on my hair than the person that normally cuts it, I think I will be going back to see her instead.
While I was waiting, I saw another work email on my phone and the BOOM got lowered. Turns out that auto response used the canned wording that we always use. Apparently different wording was agreed to so this high maintenance cunt asked me to use the special wording. As if I knew what that was. I had it and fired off an email to multiple big wigs and her managers to get the fucking wording. It took about an hour to get a response but once I got it, I took care of it. I got a thank you back from the person my morning started off with and was told that hopefully this will be the last of it. This cunt has gotten on everyone’s damn nerves with last minute surprise requests, frequent badgering and has just been difficult in general. I hope that she falls in a well or at the very least leaves me the fuck alone. I am beyond done with her. She thinks she is something special stuck on a stick and she is just a damn human being like the rest of us. Go away and never ever return I say.
Ah, that thus far has been the end of her. I thought about venturing off to that steak house that I found but what to get besides Onion Rings for an appetizer. I would probably settle for a burger and since I was having that for breakfast I didn’t want 2 burgers back to back. I looked at various menus and actually wound up going to Cracker Barrel. Fried Catfish sounded really good and I enjoyed it, but it was a little too much on the fried part for my stomach. I saw a couple of hot new waiters, both of them had the same first name. The guy that I exchanged phone numbers with wasn’t working and that was my hope. He works mornings and I was there in the evening so unless he was pulling a long shift I figured our paths wouldn’t cross so it would be safe and it was. Then I thought about him some more and still wondering why he expressed interest but didn’t follow thru. It’s painful to see him just because of what he’s done to me or perhaps I should say what he hasn’t done to me. That’s why I’ve switched up breakfast places. I don’t think there is any feeling there on his end for me like I initially thought there was when he gave me specific instructions to his apartment. However, maybe after not seeing me for a while it will concern him enough that he will reach out, but I’m not holding out any hope for that. I switched breakfast places for my benefit and not his. I will go back and probably will see him again eventually but I have no immediate plans.
One of my favorite MTV Real World stars is Mike C. Manning. Had a new movie come out and it was streaming. My choices were to watch it on TUBI with ads for FREE or Pay $2.99 to watch on Amazon commercial free. I opted for Amazon. This was a horror type film and not my jam but I watched the preview first and it was enough to draw me in. His character played a gay guy and I got to see his rear in a shower scene so money well spent. It was more of a Drama than what I would call a Horror movie, definite plot twists that I never saw coming. I had the phone on Airplane Mode and just sat with the cats as I watched it. What a great way to spend the evening. Mike is so damn sexy and has really launched his career from being on MTV’s Real World. I wish he was my boyfriend; he seems like such a nice guy and he’s got a great body with some muscle! Sadly, he is married to a guy. I just found that out through an internet search. Damn another hottie off the market!
Ah at this point I needed to do some venting so I called up my Thanksgiving Friend and we had a nice chat. Then it was time to work on the dishes, have an Oreo Ice Cream Bar, listen to some music on headphones and chill for about an hour. Then I got up and got ready for bed. Rudy tried to take my ice cream bar away from me or at least get a lick of it, he could smell it and was very interested. It did NOT happen. I don’t know who gave these guys table scraps but they have never forgotten and it will likely be a battle I fight with them for a very long time that I am certain will prove to be an impossible habit to break. I don’t mind throwing in a pet here or there but let me eat in peace, I don’t bother you when your eating. I know it doesn’t work that way.
I’ve not seen the Orange Tabby I spoke about in my post on Friday. I’ve checked flyers at the pet food store, looked on line and no one reported a cat like that missing. Hopefully, it’s OK and has a home. I will still keep an eye out though.
Sunday, I woke up at 5a with my legs out of bed but the rest of my body in bed. I had a dream where I was doing a lot of walking. I had no cats with me when I woke up. They were in the hallway just staring at me. I guess they probably thought I was having a seizure or something. I do get rough when I sleep and I don’t stay in one position. You could easily get punched, kicked or anything. It really depends on the dream I am having. I know that I snore and I talk in my sleep, so they have probably seen it all in the month we have been together. Which today marks their 1-month anniversary here. Wow that went by fast!
Rudy kept jumping on me, making biscuits trying to jar me awake and out of bed. I just wanted to go back to sleep. My hips hurt from the odd sleeping position and I was cold, I didn’t have that much cover on. He let me sleep a little while and then kept coming back. Eventually I gave in and got up. I was a little later than normal but figured it would all be okay.
Made it to the breakfast place. They were more crowded than normal. It took a lot longer but eventually the cute waiter that I like surfaced. He wasn’t taking care of me. I had my burger with an egg on it and some spicy house made ranch sauce for the fries that came with it. I remember to have the mayo put on the side and didn’t like it because it was spicy as well, plus I’m not a fan of mayo on hot food. I remembered to say hold the onion. I forgot to say cook the egg over hard. I had yolk everywhere. It was a good burger though. A little more cheese, throw in some bacon and it would have been super perfect. I got a decent meal, a guy candy show and people kept coming in. The place was packed by the time I left. I was happy I backed in to my spot, as their parking lot is curved and it’s difficult to back out of. Someone rushing in could easily hit you or you might not see them and hit them. Another reason why I like to be an early bird. In and out with not many people, usually.
Onward to the grocery store. It too was packed. I am guessing all of this was because of the Super Bowl and people wanting to get out before the crowd really hits. Oddly enough the best time to shop is when the big game is on. If your looking for any kind of snack or chips you are out of luck and same might be said for beer. Otherwise, everything else is pretty well stocked and you can maneuver through the store with ease. We figured that out years ago and would put off going to the store from the early afternoon to the late evening that one Sunday of the year.
I returned home, put away the groceries. Returned to my room to watch TV and wound up taking a nap as per usual. Woke up and passed out lunch for the cats. I came down to work on laundry. I am washing the bed stuff.
For some reason I can’t seem to decide on what day I want to go in this week. I thought about Monday but it’s usually so calm and it’s a nice day to stay at home, keep your head low and just squeak through the day. I will probably make it Tuesday or Wednesday. Kind of depends on how I feel and what is going on.
Need to check on the first load, get ready for the second load and then do some internet surfing. Then it will be back upstairs with the monsters to try to work in vacuuming. Getting supper, watching more TV and eventually getting ready for bed to face another dreaded Monday. I hope that it’s a nice calm day with little going on.
Sheesh what a weekend. With the way Saturday went it kind of feels like I never left work. Every time I turned around, I was logging in. I don’t do that much work when I am on-call and this wasn’t my weekend for that.
I hope all is well on your end. If your a Super Bowl Fan hopefully your team wins. Take care and best wishes for a great week ahead for all of us!
No comments:
Post a Comment