I managed to get the fittings apart and looks like I need a new O ring and that should quell the leak in the hose. That’s only 1/2 of the battle though. I took it apart and put it back together but of course it still leaks. Which means I need to take it apart again to get to the O ring. I’ve inspected all of the other parts and everything seems fine. I need to make sure the leak from the intake hose is fixed first. Then I can worry about addressing the slight water in the tank.
It’s probably a clogged duct in the tank that is causing the build up of water. Sounds like an easy fix but it’s far from that. You have to use firm but gentle pressure so as to not damage the tank but break up the salt. I saw on-line they suggest using a broom handle, which is genius.
I’m still on city water and I am okay with that for now. When I have some additional rest and gumption I will tackle this, probably on a Saturday. I’d like to get a shop vacuum so I can tackle wet and dry. Get the tank all cleaned out. Then start as if I just unboxed this.
I’ve got instructions from the manual and you need to prime it with bleach and run a cleaning cycle. Then when that is done you can fill it with salt and viola that should be all there is to it. I know it’s going to cost me not only time but labor. However, if I can fix this on my own and get that feeling of satisfaction it will make me feel good. Doesn’t mean I won’t cuss along the way because I already have.
Right now it feels like my sugar is dropping, it’s getting later in the afternoon so I am going to head up and hope like hell that I don’t get bugged to death tonight.
I hope to be able to take in Kathleen Madigan’s new comedy special that is on Prime as of today. That’s some good info. I got from social media and I’ve been looking forward to seeing this.
Talk with you all again soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment