One more day to go and my week is done. Tomorrow we have snow/sleet moving in the afternoon so getting home could be challenging. I am keeping an ear out and if the media says work from home, then that is what I shall do. Tomorrow it will only be me and the boss. New guy is closing on a house. My other co-worker is super sick. So it will be a hellish day I am sure but at least that will move the time along.
As for today’s Momma update. She is still super sleepy in the morning. She is interested in breakfast but eats a little bit and then goes into sleeping. She wakes up a few minutes later and she is ready to eat some more, then sleep. By the time I got to work she was all pepped up or so it seems. There were birds chirping outside my bedroom window and that caused her to perk up and wonder where the noise was coming from. She has been on and off camera. Mostly sitting and staring into space. Like last night, I am eager to get home to be with her. I kind of feel like the behavior I see in the morning is her body’s way of telling me time is running out.
The odd thing from yesterday is that she didn’t eat much for breakfast like today. When I got home she scarfed supper down, got full and stopped. Then a bit later went back and had more. That back and forth happened a couple times and then she decided she was full, so it was back to the bedroom for a while. She came out to seek me out. I needed to clean up her paw but she wanted attention and her famous belly rub.
I’m glad we have this time together, when the end comes I know that I will reflect back on the fact of how conflicted I was but at least I made the right call by letting her remain alive to get the extra time.
I hope that she is equally as hungry for supper tonight.
Bad news from the Pie Place I visit. They closed the location recently and it’s a permanent thing. I will so miss them and the Carmel Cinnamon Rolls those were heaven. Along with the drive up and back as well as all of the fond memories I had with my spouse. I know I can get pie closer to home but it was a special place to visit. They have other locations but they are much farther away so it’s the end of an era sadly.
I hope that all is well in your world. Talk again soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment