I stopped off at the vets office last night to get Momma’s fluids. I got them and one hell of a bill to go with them. Turns out they weren’t the $30 I thought they were they were $55 and then it’s another $20 something for the Potassium additive, so all together it was $85. I really wish they would have given them to me on Saturday as the total bill would have been around $200 and that is the magic number for 1 card I have that offers zero percent financing if paid in 6 months. It’s way to help me not part with all of my money at once. I can pay for it but it’s just parting with all of the cash up front that I object to. I must have had one hell of a look on my face when the lady told me the total last night. She was like do you not want them now? I said no I need them it’s a life support thing but I’d like to understand how the cost breaks down. Once she gave me that it helped but didn’t make me feel a whole lot better.
Momma got her dose of fluids last night and she was strutting her stuff around the house. Her gait still isn’t 100% but it’s more like 98% there. She didn’t seem totally like herself last night but she was clingy so I am guessing she didn’t feel 100%. She is still eating like a horse, I can’t seem to give her enough food. I believe she has some diarrhea but hopefully that will clear up.
I’ve got an email into the vet to find out how I should move forward. I’m super scared that if I follow the plan that was given to me and don’t give her fluids tonight that she will have more problems in the next few days. I don’t want that but I also really don’t want to have to fill her up every night. I know she will get tired of it, but if that is what keeps her around I’m more than willing to do it. My worst fear is that this is a band-aid and there is a larger issue lying in wait that will cause her demise.
I thought she was 18 but turns out the vets record says she is 16 and 6 months. I’d like to see her make it many more years but I’m not totally in control here which is the problem. I can end her life prematurely but I can’t make it go past whatever expiration date is written in the sky that is unknown to me. That is the date I worry most about.
On a different note I have spent the afternoon in documentation hell and updating documentation. I was so engrossed I didn’t realize how much time went by. It won’t be too much longer and I will be packing up and going home to see the old woman. I hope to find her in the window waiting for my arrival that will put me at ease.
It is in the 20’s here and that is very cold. I so didn’t want to get out this morning but I made it. Welcome to almost Winter.
Hope you had a great day. Talk again soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment