20 December 2019

Air Conditioning in the Winter

Yesterday I was working along making good progress and about 3:30p the AC kicked on in my office.  I checked with the person sitting in the next office over and they too reported chilly conditions.  Finally by 5p I had enough and decided to go home.  I came back this morning thinking that the issue would be resolved.  Nope.  AC still running full blast.  I looked at the thermostats in the office and they were all set low, I kicked them up and pressed the override button.  I fired up the space heater and the radiator heater in my office.  Finally after a couple hours were at 75 which is better than the 60 degrees when I walked in the door.  Now I am so sleepy and ready for a nap.  If only I didn’t have a window I would actually try to fall asleep.

I’ve worked on all of the stuff I normally do on Friday’s plus played catch up from a couple things yesterday.  Here we are at 10:30a and I am bored.  It’s going to be a long day. 

I need to talk with our new guy but I feel like I have been bothering him so I am waiting to see how long it takes him to reach out to me.  We have some work to do, but my guess is that he won’t call me, which is fine it can all wait until Monday.

There is a meeting and call this afternoon that we both need to be on it shouldn’t take more than an hour if that.  Not looking forward to it but it is what it is. 

Yesterday I asked boss man about working 5 days split up around the holidays at home.  He shot the idea down telling me I could have 3 days but that I needed to pick 2 and come in to the office.  What a Motherfucker.  He tells me I can work from home but when I take him up on it he gets all worried about “perception” and back peddles.  Spineless coward.  I mean over all he is an okay boss but it’s times likes these that he really pisses me off.  I also got my Christmas gift from him.  He thought it was wonderful but I think it’s lousy.  It’s a door dash gift card and not for a lot of money, like less than I have received in past years.  I would have much rather had a movie gift card but hey at least he thought of me.  I’ll think of him when shove it in the shredder.  Seriously, I probably won’t use it and will wind up giving it away or putting it in a drawer and letting it collect dust. 

It will be time to move back home, looks like they plan on doing it on the 1st Sunday of January.  I am not excited about that but I also don’t plan to come in.  If you want to move all of my stuff over well knock your self out.  I will miss the security guards, they are so nice, pleasant and friendly.  It something I look forward to coming in and going home.  The security in our building isn’t polite they are just there and they act like big brother.  I get they have a large facility and lots of people they are responsible for but geez at least being friendly goes a long way.  I won’t miss the poor climate control or the long walk to and from.  Secretly I don’t want to go back but I have no control over it. 

Ah so that is work. 


On the home front.  Amazon has disappointed me I was supposed to get my vitamins several days ago and they just showed up today.  I am expecting a neck/shoulder massager today and it shows that it will be delivered by 8p but it’s not even shipped yet.  I don’t think it will arrive today.  I really need it.  This knot in my back is driving me nuts and I would like nothing more than to get rid of it.  Maybe I will luck out and they will get it to me on Saturday or so I hope. 

I gave Ms. Momma some fluids on Wednesday.  She didn’t get much just a tiny dose.  She is still eating like a horse but she is holding her own and slowly returning to her old self.  She did some jumping and has sought me out for more than a meal. 

There wasn’t anything on last night so I found myself watching a full episode of Dr. Pimple Popper and I don’t know how I made it through the entire hour.  Marv had fallen asleep on my hand so I was immobile.  He looked so cute.  I took his picture and that woke him up for a second.  I got a dirty look and then he fell back asleep.  He is really something. 

Gator has a stomach bug.  She is still eating and drinking but I watching her as well.  She climbed up in bed with me earlier in the week and we slept together for a bit.  She also woke me up early this morning because she was hungry.  Funny how that works. 

I am looking forward to relaxing and doing nothing tonight.  Not much planned for tomorrow but I would like to make it to Sam’s to stock up on a couple things.  Plus grab some cat food.  Not sure if I will treat myself to breakfast, kind of depends upon how I feel. 

No word from my friends on Christmas Dinner yet.  My guess is they will wait until the last minute and spring it on me.  I’m holding out on purpose and being stubborn.  I recall they reached out to me a week before Turkey Day to get the details.  To me it’s just another day and it matters not if I go anywhere.  I know I can have a good time there but I can have an okay time with the cats. 

Ah almost 11.  I haven’t moved from my chair since I walked in the door so I guess I should get up and get some blood flowing.  Thinking about maybe crossing the street to check out my new digs.  Not sure if I will be that motivated but hey it will help pass some time.  I may also put that off until later this afternoon. 

Happy Weekend, I hope your warm, safe and having a good time.  Talk with you all again soon.  Be well. 

No comments: