28 December 2019

Electronic Hell

Today me and electronics are not having a good day.  I went out to breakfast and had to stop off at the bank.  When I came back out my remote didn’t want to work to unlock and/or start the car.  I had to use the door unlock code and then place the remote in a special location so the car would see it present and start.  That worked.  This isn’t the work of a hacker but rather I think either a faulty remote or a faulty battery. 

Then I came home and needed to print a document.  The computer took a super long time to see the printer.  I think this is a warning sign to stay away from anything electronic. 

I am switching car remotes and I have placed an order for a new battery via Amazon.  It will be here tomorrow.  Funny thing is once I got home the remote started working fine.  I’m still not taking any chances and think that changing remote controls is my best option.  Things like this have happened before and I checked the battery with a volt meter and it said it was fine.  I no longer think that despite that fact that it’s working again. 

I did make it to the post office last night.  My important letter was there and that is what required me to go to the bank.  I had to have a document notarized.  It’s for the $40 that the state has for my late spouse.  Despite the fact that I included everything they could possibly need they came up with one more thing, which I knew they would.  They wanted me to sign an affidavit saying that I had the right to claim the money.  Jesus State Law says that the spouse is entitled to the money and so does all of the supporting documentation I submitted.  However, it’s the government so don’t you know they don’t make anything easy.  I’m probably going to piss them off because they had a 3 page document that I retyped and condensed down to 1 page in very small print.  It says exactly the same thing their document does but removes big text boxes that I think look gaudy.  I guess I will know soon enough if I get another letter then I’ve made them mad and they will need me to jump more hurdles or if I get a check they aren’t going to sweat it.  Probably another month or two easy.  It’s not like it’s a large sum of money so I am not losing sleep over it but I won’t give up on it. 

Ah I am awake now but don’t really want to be so I will go lounge with the cats and probably take a nap.  I need to go back out for cat food.  They are all out of gravy type food and that will cause a problem if they don’t have it.  Momma is already putting me to the test.  I can’t afford for any of them to stop eating, if only out of spite.  The body does bad things to a cat if they skip more than one meal.  I am on the fence but will probably give Momma more fluids because she has slight shakes, which is a sign of a low thyroid level.  She is doing her best to keep on a brave face.  I don’t think she feels horrible just slightly off.  I kind of feel the same way.  My body is trying to get sick but something is fighting against it so I am on the borderline.  I think it’s coming and then nothing happens, been that way for a couple weeks now  That’s why I am so adamant about stocking up on sleep.  Besides that it’s hard to be depressed when your asleep. 

3 more days left in this year.  Then I get to hang up my new men calendars, which I always look forward to.  That will be short lived because it will be back to the daily grind.  But we do get a 3 days weekend in a few weeks because of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.  I am also going to take a day off because I have a dentist appointment.  I was going to ask to work from home but have since decided against that given the way my boss has reacted to the whole work at home thing. 

Well upstairs and to find something on TV to amuse myself until I get sleepy or decide that I should leave for the cat food store.  I’m having the last of the Christmas Day left overs tonight instead of going out.  I’ll get my breakfast out tomorrow, that is enough of a treat.

I hope that you enjoy Saturday.  It’s unseasonably warm here and we have rain in the forecast for today and tomorrow.  The weather sure has been strange for this time of year.  Not sure if that is an omen or not.  I am not a huge fan of cold weather but it does feel odd to not need a coat when going outside. 

Take care and we will talk again soon.  I appreciate you dropping by. 

No comments: