21 December 2019

Delivered

I managed to wake up at 5 this morning after going to bed a little early for a Friday night.  I was just bushed.  At the end of the week it’s all I can do to walk in the house, I am physically & mentally exhausted.  I suppose that is why there is the weekend, so you can recover to go do it all again for 5 days.  Who ever thought of this system of working for a living designed quite the torture technique. 

I had myself a Diet Coke and managed and watched a little TV.  Managed to fall back to sleep.  Woke up at 8:30a and got a shower, fed the cats their 2nd breakfast.  Then went out for breakfast of my own.  It was like my lucky day or something.  I remembered before I left that I needed to refill a prescription, so I got that request in.  After eating I stopped by the post office to gather my weeks worth of mail, there wasn’t anything good.  Then I got an alert on my phone that my medicine was ready.  The pharmacy was on my way home.  I went inside and the hot guy I like waited on me.  I got home and my Amazon package with my massager was delivered.  Wow!

I got myself a massage, I was a little disappointed in that you can’t vary the speed but it should do the job, if I use it on a regular basis.  Then I went to watch some TV and take a nap. 

Nap over with I decided to start on laundry and take care of a task at work that needed to be done today.  Knocked that out pretty quick.  Then updated my finances and presto here I am.

The mold smell has returned to the basement.  I can do all of the air treatments I want to but I think until the wood is replaced it’s going to smell.  I have treated the inside but the other 1/2 is the outside and that smell eventually comes in, hence why I have the moldy smell.  It’s an aggravation/annoyance but that’s it.  So I will work on finding something to cover it up.  Perhaps a nice candle or some scented air freshener beads.  There has to be something that will resolve this even if only temporary.  The air treatments last a couple days and then the odor starts to faintly come back and after a couple more days it’s like square one.  Ugh is all I can say.  Mold has consumed a lot of my time, cost me a lot of money and worry and I am at the point where I short of rip out and replace there isn’t much more that I can do on my own. 

Momma is still a food eating machine.  She is up my ass all the time for food.  Were out of the gravy everyone seems to like.  It’s packets of food with gravy and they lap up the gravy and leave the pieces of food.  They all beg but Momma has extra strong power and she knows I can tell her no.  I have some food that goes to waste because they decide to get picky on me.  At least she is back to as normal as I believe she will be.  The end goal is to keep her hydrated, which means all of the food she wants, plenty of water and of course intermittent fluids.  I was going to get blood work done but based on how well she has recovered I am in a holding pattern for now.  The others seem to be doing reasonably well.  I just hope it continues to stay that way.  

The days of the year of 2019 are limited.  This hasn’t been one of my better years but thus far at least there is no death.  I do hope that 2020 is a full on delightful year with lots of positive experiences in store.  I suppose only time will tell.

Speaking of time I need to get going to get some cat food and grab dinner.  Then it will be back here to relax.  Monday starts a week of on-call for me.  I only plan to go in on Monday.  Were off on Tuesday & Wednesday.  I will work from home on Thursday & Friday.  Still waiting on Christmas dinner details but I will be buying enough food at the store so that if I don’t get info I won’t be starving.  I may not have a gourmet meal but I won’t be hungry.  Boy Scout motto … always be prepared!

No comments: