Greetings on this the eve of Christmas. Not much surprise but I didn’t sleep that well last night. I had problems taking a nap today but I got one in. I was up early as per usual to feed the furry family. They were appreciative. Gator came in after a bit of time passed and started meowing. I said to her are you here to remind me to pass out medicine. She meowed. I think she would have meowed regardless of what I said. So I got up and passed out medicine. Momma & Marv were not happy about that.
Then it was back to checking my phone and watching TV. I tried to go back to bed and eventually fell asleep but it was several hours later. I got a later start than I wanted but hey it’s not a big deal, it’s a holiday. Started my day out at Cracker Barrel. They have a special menu for breakfast & lunch, which I didn’t know. Blueberry Pancakes weren’t on the menu but I managed to get them anyway. Then I purchased a Cinnamon Bead fragrance tumbler. They were marked 2 for $10 but I only needed 1 and got it for $3, I think something was wrong there but I didn’t argue.
My next stop was at the Hallmark Store. I used that $5 coupon. Since Hallmark came out with their own brand of candles they stopped carrying Yankee. They only had Cinnamon in the Hallmark Brand but it was a BOGO and at $28 I think that was a good deal plus I got my $5 off.
Final stop was home. I lit the candles as soon as I got home. One upstairs and the other downstairs. That’s also where I put the tumbler thingy. I lit a Christmas Eve scented candle in my room. It’s one of my favorite Yankee scents. It does get to my nose but I still love it. I let them burn for a couple hours.
I’ve been parked in front of the TV all of the day, watching mostly Roseanne. It’s on Amazon Prime and I started the series a few weeks back. I’ll watch it all the way through. It was really funny in it’s day. I love The Connors it’s a great reboot of the show and I hope it goes on for a while. John Goodman is a great actor. I did take a break for an episode of Frontline about the Harvey Weinstein issue. That was interesting. It’s been bed, chair, couch – I’ve rotated through all 3 of them. Marv likes it when I am on the couch because he gets to sit next to me. Everyone has been whiny today, not sure why.
I am in fact depressed as I do when the holidays roll around but I know it will pass. I just have to get through tomorrow and then life goes back to a sense of normal for a while. On the way to breakfast I got my invite to dinner tomorrow. They are eating at 4p. I honestly don’t want to go but I’m thinking it might be healthy for me. I didn’t respond to the text on purpose. I think it’s rude to wait until the day before to announce your plans. Depending upon how I feel tomorrow I will decide if I want to go. This way I can claim ignorance if I don’t go. Then maybe they will pick up the fucking phone in the future. I absolutely hate texting. It does come in handy now and then but as a general means of communications pick up the phone. The young hipsters just love it.
I got a call a couple hours after being home last night for work. Outside of that it’s been all quiet. I suspect that will be the case until Thursday. I do plan to work the remainder of the week from home. Funny thing now my boss is going to work from home on Friday for part of the day and take the remainder off. The less I have to deal with him the better. Time away from him and his voice will do me good and I am looking forward to it.
So there you have it my Christmas Eve. It’s not the greatest but it’s also not the worst. I just wish I had someone to spend it with besides the cats. I had to come down stairs to get away from them because they were starting to bother me. I will go back up and watch TV and eventually fall asleep, then a new day will begin.
I hope that your having a great Christmas Eve and that tomorrow is a great holiday for you. Stay warm and be well. Merry Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment