27 July 2019

Time 4 a change

Good Day and welcome back!

I hope you like what I did with the page.  It took a little bit of effort but most of this stuff is canned by Google in their themes, I just did some customization work.  Something that I have been away from for a long time and it took a little bit longer than I wanted but I got through it. 

Ah Saturday the last day to “sleep in” and sit around doing nothing.  I started watching the newest and last season of Orange is the New Black.  Wow, it just sucks you right in.  I was up until almost 2a when I decided it was time to get some sleep.  Up at 8:30a, fed the kids and back to the TV.  Napped a little bit around 10a.  Woke up in time to pass out lunch.  Watched more TV.  Then tried to take a nap but wound up cuddling with Gator.

It was around 1:30p and I got a shower and got moving.  Headed out to grab the mail.  Got a bite to eat and picked up cat food.  Wow the joys of Saturday.  I could have easily gone for pie but money is a little short since were at the end of the month.  Pay day is next week but still I need groceries.  I’ve managed to do a good job of running up the bills and I’ll feel better when I get them paid.  It’s like a license to spend again.  However, I am at a danger point and that limits what I do.  Meaning unless it’s necessary it doesn’t happen – bar none. 

Gasoline is super expensive all of a sudden and every time I turn around it’s $30 and above to fill up.  That’s just with going to and from work.  I feel like my employer should pay that, at least it would be nice.  Working from home has it’s perks not to mention a full tank of gas you can keep!  That was my Yoda impression, pretty good huh?

I had my iPad out last night and was looking through it.  Came across 2 gay brothers who formed a group called Nemesis Rising back in 2007.  Looks like they only had one album from what I can tell.  Wow it took me back and I’ve been listening to their work this evening.  Amazing. 

I went on a shredding project and cleaned out my file cabinet, at least part of it.  Finished that up and then moved on to cleaning the office and rearranging a couple things.  Same old office and pretty much same look.  Just less dust and clutter. 

I do believe my mind is made up as far as phone upgrades go.  The iPhone XR appears to be what I can afford and seems most practical.  I don’t think I will make it to September to see what new phones are released.  I’ll probably bite the bullet next month.  I really wanted to do it today but I kept telling myself it’s bad timing.  I’ve spent my bonus several times over and it’s time to stop.  Anyway, I am thinking of a red phone and then I’ll get the red Mophie case.  Red supports AIDS Charities and Mophie has had this campaign in place for a while.  Apple jumped on the band wagon last year.  Why not make a double donation.  If they had a killer electric blue I’d be all over that but Red is the most appealing of all of the colors they have.  I really want the XS but it’s just out of what I am willing to pay.  I think $41 per month is xsessive, see what I did there?  Yeah that on top of my regular phone bill, wowzah the bill would really shoot up there.  Not that I am not worth it but honestly at the end of the day it’s only a smart phone. 

I will need to schedule time for the SUV to get it’s annual paint & fabric protection coating in September.  I am thinking of just bundling an oil change with it, let them have the car for the day and take a loaner.  I’ll take the day off work and lounge here at home.  Yeah I really want to buy something new but I keep hearing a little voice say hang on to what you got.  There is a special connection with this vehicle and while I want to, I can’t seem to come to terms with parting ways.  I know it’s silly but when the time is right I’ll move on.  That’s not saying in 2 months I won’t change my mind, it’s just for now I have no real plans to part ways.  Plus temptation being what it is, that’s 1/2 of the reason why my credit reports are frozen.  I can’t make an impulse purchase without waiting 48 hours, it take that amount of time for them to thaw once I issue the command. 

Each day I go to my Amazon photo app and look back at past photos from a year or more ago.  Today came up with kitten photos.  I really miss Ruth.  I want to hold her (even though I know she wouldn’t let me) and scratch her, hear her meow.  I miss Big Boy as well but there is something about Ruth that I just can’t quite get over the way things went down.  It hurts very bad.  She will always be alive in my heart.

Well enough depression and feelings.  I am miles ahead on laundry and I am going to continue my progress so that maybe tomorrow I can lounge if only for a little bit. 

Tomorrow will be breakfast out, groceries, gasoline and I am debating about another hair cut.  I know I just had it done a couple weeks ago but I am ready to go back and have it shortened again.  I’ve also thought about color but I am a bit of a chicken.  It’s like I have always wanted to pierce my ears but never have.  One day maybe I will just throw caution to the wind. 

Hope you had an awesome Saturday.  Stay cool, hydrated and do something nice for yourself, you deserve it!  Talk with you again soon. 

No comments: