06 July 2019

Held Hostage

Good Day!

I hope that all is going well for you on what is a Sunny Saturday for me.  I did sleep in, got up fed the cats, had breakfast, watched TV and went back to bed with Gator.  So pretty much a normal average Saturday thus far.  Then I opted to get in gear.  I passed out lunch, threw on some clothes and headed out the door.  Hit up the post office, grabbed the cat food, made a quick and slightly expensive run in Sam’s Club.  Then back home to unload, regroup and hydrate!

I had the idea for lupper (that’s lunch and supper mixed together) to have Mexican Food.  It sounded really good and from a particular restaurant.  I sat on the couch sipping my Diet Coke and looking through my phone, when out the blue I was held hostage.  Momma came over and curled up on my lap.  She went to sleep.  I stayed busy so I didn’t disturb her.  This is kind of out of character for her, she’s done this maybe a couple times total since she has been here.  Actually physically resting in my lap and not between my legs.  I was honored and my stomach was unhappy.  Eventually I made a move, she woke up and we chatted for a bit, then she walked away like nothing happened. 

I got up, grabbed the lint roller and headed out the door.  Drove to the restaurant and had a very good meal.  I am not a salt person but there is something about this place.  There chips are made fresh and lightly salted, they compliment the homemade salsa which I used to hate but now have fallen in love with.  It’s got a slight kick to it but it’s really good.  I dropped what I consider a fair price for a meal and tip and then headed back home. 

Last week I had used hair clippers to trim my face.  That left me with scruff which grew out.  It was bothering me by Wednesday and today I had enough, it had to come off and the sooner the better.  I passed out supper when I got home for the kids, headed downstairs to do some updates on the PC and square up with my finances, download some porn and then upstairs to the shower.  Shaved all of the hair off of my face and I am much happier now.  Took a shower for added freshness and then put on my sweats.  I’m clean and comfy.  It feels like a Sunday but it’s only Saturday.  Hey it’s one less thing I will need to do tomorrow. 

I got the idea to rearrange my desk here at home but talked myself out of it.  I have dual displays and right now one is on a monitor stand and the other sits on top of the desktop tower.  I don’t think they would sit side by side in the middle of my desk.  They are off to the right and it’s been that way for years.  It’s comfy for casual computing but on those days when I work from home it wreaks havoc on my neck.  I want a single monitor that is curved but large enough to be 2 displays in 1.  They make them but the price is what is keeping me from switching.  It’s on my eventually someday list. 

I did cruse on over to Warby Parker and am doing their home trial of 5 pairs of glasses.  They don’t have quite the selection I like but you do get what you pay for.  I really want computer specific glasses and have the script.  They make it affordable enough to pay cash, since this is the year I opted not to have coverage for frames, silly me.  I hope I can find a pair that feels great and looks equally as well.  Time will tell. 

Changed out the cats water filter and no one appears to have had a drink yet.  It’s fresh water and a fresh filter, what’s not to love?  There is charcoal in the filter and despite pre-rinsing the filter the water still turns a light shade of black for a short term.  I wish it didn’t but it’s been that way for all of the years I have had a fountain and that’s back when #1 son was walking the earth.  Wow that was a long time ago. 

So no BBQ for me this holiday but I can get it when I want it.  There are plenty of places nearby that sell it year round.  A new place not too far from me just opened up and is all the rage.  There is a chicken salad restaurant nearby, I’ll bet your wondering what is on their menu.  Well Chicken Salad in several different formats.  I need to swing by and try both place out.  It’s on my to do list but who knows when I will actually stop by. 

I read an article at CNET online that talked about Firewall a new app for the iPhone and it’s coming to Android.  It’s a call screening app – they give you a 14 day free trial and then it’s $4 per month.  The best part is they give you unlimited fake phone numbers, so if you need or want to call a number that called you back you can and no one will ever know your real phone number.  It sounds really neat but I already have a call screening app that I pay about the same price for.  If you call me and I don’t know you, leave a message and I will probably call you back.  Otherwise, we will never speak.  If you call and let the phone ring once or twice then hang up, yeah I have your number but I will look up the # and then block it.  There are too many scams, cheats and gimmicks out there.  The latest one I heard of is a man walks into a restaurant and asks to use the phone, he looks like he is making a call but he’s really forwarding the restaurants phone number to a different number where they get all of the calls and trick the customers to giving up their credit card #’s for a to go order but when Sally, Jimmy or who ever show up at the restaurant to get their food they don’t know anything about it.  Meanwhile their credit card has been compromised and the charges are racking up quicker than you can say to go. 

Today you have to be on your toes and watching at all times.  There are so many different scams, schemes and things we didn’t have to worry about when I was growing up.  Then again we didn’t have technology then.  I remember when we first got cable tv and custom calling features on the phone, oh boy I thought that was neat but it’s nothing compared to today. 

Well that’s about it.  I am tired, need to go up and check on my laptop it’s been cooking installing updates.  Hopefully, it’s done by now.  Then it will be TV time and in a few hours light out.  Tomorrow is my last day of freedom and then it’s back to work and on-call.  No Mook to deal with on Monday but he’s coming back on Tuesday.  5 full days of traffic and fun.  I’ll be looking forward to the weekend once again. 

Here’s hoping that you had a great day and were as productive as I have been.  Kind of feels good to wipe things off of the chore list.  I’ll have more time to nap and lounge tomorrow.  Unfortunately, it’s grocery store day.  here’s hoping I don’t drop $100 but that seems to be all to common place since the budget grocery chain sold to the expensive grocery chain.  Not much changed for a couple week and then they lowered the boom and it’s been that way ever since.  Take care and I’ll probably be back to blather on more tomorrow.  Have a good night! 

No comments: