21 July 2019

Floor Sucker

Sadly my floor sucker (vacuum broke.  I don’t relish buying a new one.  I did look for a replacement part but it doesn’t look like it’s made.  I reluctantly went to Amazon and looked at several different models.  I settled for a Bissell.  I will get it on Wednesday and then in a couple week the replacement belts and filters will arrive.  I did a package and figured why not cover all of the bases.  The filters will wear out but hopefully the belt won’t wear out anytime soon.  I’ve had my Dyson Animal (DC50) 1st Generation for years and it was around $500 when I got it.  I can say I got my moneys worth but I am not in a position to shell out that kind of cash for a floor sucker right now.  Back when there were 2 incomes it was no big deal but now my money needs to go other places.  I expect that my new vacuum will only last a couple years and then it will need to be replaced.  I’d honestly love a new Dyson but I heard they aren’t made the same and I can tell they don’t hold the same amount of dirt that the originals used to.  That combined with price is why I had to steer in a different direction.  I hope that I like what I bought, it looks nice on-line but then again many other things have looked nice on the internet and when they show up in person it’s like send it back.  So the Amazon driver will love me.  They will be here Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.  I did some shopping last night not anticipating that I would need to be buying a new vacuum.  If I only knew in advance.  

I got another pleasant surprise this morning a guy bought me breakfast.  He’s an older gentlemen and we see each other every Sunday at Steak N Shake.  I don’t think he has a clue that I am gay or if he does it doesn’t bother him.  We kid each other, tell jokes and just chew the fat.  Normally our interaction is 10 to 20 minutes at most.  I’ve known him for a couple years.  Last week I got him some coupons for coffee.  He eats on the cheap.  I have bought his breakfast before and it’s like $5, which is nothing compared to mine because while it’s breakfast it’s actually lunch.  I get a bowl of chili, a burger, fries and a soda.  If I feel like it I may throw in a small shake or even a large shake.  He was pretty adamant about paying for my meal.  He got the bill and I don’t think he was quite prepared for $12 and I made a joke and said hey what about a shake.  He said your cut off.  I know he was joking but I actually wasn’t.  I got a small shake and asked for the bill.  He asked me at the register what I was paying for I told him a milkshake and he said oh I would have gotten that.  I said oh you told me I was cut off.  We laughed about it and that was that.  Kind of a nice surprise.  I had money and was fully prepared to pay.  I’ve bought breakfast for strangers for years off and on, it just makes me feel good.  So I guess you can say I got some pay back today. 

I need to visit Target and was planning on it but once I got going and the heat just overwhelmed me I said why not do it on one of your days off.  So I think Thursday or Friday I will hit them up.  Right now it’s 102 in my garage and outside its 90.  Just God Awful and I have a heat intolerance.  So if I don’t watch myself I can get really sick and zapped in the process.  I cleaned the windows in the car inside and out today and that was enough to do me in.  I loved coming inside and getting a nice cold Gatoraide out of the fridge.  I gulped that down in a hurry and it sure was good. 

Laundry is all done and the house is clean, thankfully I got one last run out of the Dyson before it gave up the ghost.  Got in a nap and some cuddle time with Marv, Momma and Gator.  They got their lunch.  Marv, Gator & I went fishing and they sure did have fun.  Fishing is me getting out a fishing pole that has a toy tied to the end.  They bat at it and bite it.  Marv loves to stick his claws into it.  Then he bites at the fishing like.  I asked him if he was flossing and he meowed at me.  We play this little game every once and a while.  Marv and I used to play with a ball before bed but he grew tired of it and now when I try he just stares at me like really you want me to play.  So I don’t bother.  It was part of our bedtime routine for the longest time.  So was him sleeping in bed with me.  I made the happen today, it only last about 45 minutes.  He was beyond upset at first but then he saw what I was up to and oh he just fell in love with it  He held one of my hands hostage which is par for the course.  He gets happy and the drool just pours out of him like a river.  Something that started in his old age.  Hey if he’s happy that is what matters. 

Last night I looked at cell phones again.  My God they are expensive little pocket computers.  What I want (the iPhone XS) goes for $42 per month and that is on top of my regular phone bill.  My present phone will be paid off with this month’s bill which will be auto charging to my credit card in days.  I was paying $25 per month and that is not unreasonable but $42 seems a bit high to me.  At some point I will give in to temptation.  That could be soon or a while from now.  The price of service has gone through the roof and I dumped unlimited data 3 years ago.  Now it’s al the rage and they want you to go back to it.  Sure because it’s $100 per month (average).  I found out that I really don’t use that much data.  3GB fits me well and I had a plan with that allowance for years.  They increased the allowance to 6GB per month and I think the price may have gone up by a $1 or 2.  Looking at today’s plans it’s to my advantage to keep what I have.  If I switch away from it they don’t offer that plan any longer and I would be stuck.  If I keep myself in check and don’t give in to temptation next months bill will be $25 less and that will be a little refreshing.  I’m on a iPhone 7 and it’s old but it’s still very functional.  If I keep it long enough I will be forced to upgrade.  I like my home button and that is something I will have to give up with an upgrade, unless I go to an 8 or 8 plus but the whole point of upgrading is newer technology so why not.  Apple should be releasing a new phone in the fall which means the previous model will be cheaper.  IOS 13 will also launch in the Fall and I am looking forward to that. 

Well I guess I should get about shaving the whiskers off my face and getting a shower.  Then it will be time to heat up a pizza, pass out cat food for supper and some surfing for the evening.  Then TV and time with the kids before calling it a night and then yet another week begins.  Only 3 days for me and I am happy about that.  Taking 2 days off will be hell to recover from but I am not thinking about that right now.  I am looking forward to peace and quiet.  Plus not being chained to a desk, computer or my phone.  Seeing the Doc on Thursday and I believe Friday will be a blood draw day.  Outside of that I am free and wide open. 

Thanks for stopping by.  I hope your doing well and staying cool.  Remember to drink water, got to stay hydrated!  Talk with you all again soon.

No comments: