Well my new floor sucker arrived today. I was so eager to make it home and see what I bought. I got it assembled with ease, which is saying a lot for me. There were a couple challenges but they were quickly over come by referring back to the directions.
I plugged it in and turned it on, man it’s on the noisy side but that was to be expected it’s a vacuum cleaner. I started pushing it around and holy cow I was amazed at what came up. It’s like Mr. Dyson was only working part of the way. I got enough fur up to nit a sweater for a small cat. I will be running it again over the weekend to see what else it may pickup. I am anxious to get it in the basement and see what if anything it picks up.
It’s a little difficult to push compared to the Dyson which glided with ease. However, based on a photo and the little bit of research that I did, I am very proud of my purchase and think that it will serve us well. Most vacuums today are based on the Dyson model with the bag less technology and cyclone that generates in the canister as you vacuum.
So in other news my 30th High School Reunion will be taking place soon. I don’t plan on going. There doing a dinner/dance theme and serving a meal so of course it’s not free. However, some how they managed to arrange a campus tour on a different date so we can go back and see how things are. I talked with a lady at a Yankee Candle shop earlier this year and she was telling me how things have moved all around. I was on the fence about going to that but I had time to think about it on the way home and I actually think I am going to go. It’s on a Saturday in August and I think it’s a once in a lifetime event. There is a challenge to see if we can find our old locker. Yeah uh I have no idea what my locker number was, much less the combination to it. I remember where it was but it’s location has probably changed since the time I used it.
Suits will be coming on soon. I hate commercials but it’s one show that I like to watch live. I just get to hear all about Lexus and that gets old after a while. Sort of like me watching ER and hearing commercials for Honda. It’s repeat commercials that drive me insane. In the morning while I am watching the news I hear a local roofer advertise a deal that is for a limited time only, never mind the fact they have had the same deal in place for 3 years running. So much for a limited deal, I don’t think it will expire anytime soon.
I was chatting with a co-worker today, who is not a peer. He likes watches and I asked him what he was wearing. He thought it was a setup and that someone told me to have “the watch chat” with him. Apparently he obsesses over them like I do over men and fine writing instruments. He told me that he wears an Omega. Holy fuck, my jaw hit the floor. That is a several thousand dollar watch and way out of my league. I told him about my recent purchases and the fact that I now own 3 watches. I told him about my nicest watch which is a Pulsar and he said your not wearing it. I said I can’t wear it and type. It was at my desk. The only fashion accessory I can keep on while I am using the computer is a bracelet and maybe a ring, depends upon how it feels on my finger.
Speaking of accessories, my new glasses are idea at work. Everything jumps out at me on the screen and it makes it so much easier to see without having to get right up next to the monitor. My setup here at home is a little different and I don’t quite get the same benefit. There is a slight blur and that was of concern but once I put them on at work it was like magic. The part that I hate is they slip. I’ve tried the manual adjustment but that isn’t working so well. I tried silicone nose pads but they didn’t offer any help. I think if the frames were a little larger it would be a harmonious perfect match but it is what it is. I’ll work it out some how.
I’m going to try to enjoy myself over the next 4 days because I anticipate it will be hella busy and stressful when I get back. For now email is turned off on my phone so it should be peaceful unless someone sends a text or calls. I don’t anticipate that but one never knows. I was thinking last night about my last employer where when you scheduled time off you still had to carry your company phone and watch it. They actually expected you to work if they needed you while you were off. The day of my wedding I worked up until it was the absolute last minute time to go and then I was sending emails from the car (I wasn’t driving). So glad to be away from that toxic mess.
Speaking of toxic, I see that my brother and his new wife just bought life insurance. Her son apparently is selling it. See this is all starting to fit into my prediction that she is out to kill him. I think she wants to get rich fast and not have to worry about him. He of course can’t see it because he’s too close to the forest. Hey maybe it’s just them being smart and planning for the inevitable but I honestly don’t think so. When he does finally kick the bucket I don’t expect to make any money. In fact I am sure she will have her hand out for me to chip in for his funeral. Funny thing is, he’s your problem now since she is legally his next of kin. I don’t plan on paying for any damn thing. Yeah the blood pressure is going up just talking about it.
Guess I should go check in with the TV and see what Harvey & the gang are up to this week. Going to see the doc tomorrow hopefully it will be an easy in and out visit.
Stay cool – drink water and enjoy what is left of the week. Weekend is around the corner folks!
No comments:
Post a Comment