04 July 2019

Holiday

Happy Birthday America.  I know there is a great significands' to the Independence Day Holiday.  However, for me it’s just a day off of work, which I really wish was on a Friday.  I know better luck next year. 

I got to stay up late last night, to sleep in a little bit this morning and I have the sudden need to keep reminding myself it’s Thursday but it feels like a Saturday.  I didn’t leave the house.  I thought about stepping out to grab a burger but talked myself out of it.  Stayed close to the furry family.  Gator has really been hamming it up, but that is nothing new.  We cuddled this morning and I finished up a movie on Netflix.  Then it was time for a nap.  The best part about today was that I was able to drop off the grid.  My phone was turned off until after my nap.  I like turning it off but I hate turning it back on.  All of the new email, alerts, text messages firing.  Just when you think your all caught up, presto a couple of last minute stragglers fire off. 

I chatted with a friend who came back from his trip early.  He got into it with his Sister and left.  We chatted for a little over an hour.  I listened to him ear fuck me with all of this useless information.  He never is shy to give me his opinion, even when I don’t ask for it.  It’s a long standing friendship that has lasted well beyond our short year working together.  I enjoy his company but sometimes he is a bit much.  I have felt like telling him off more than once but I bite my tongue.  He’s a true friend as am I but wow it’s getting harder to hold my mouth closed. 

After that I remembered that I needed to update my laptop.  I got a new version of office months ago and it needed to be installed.  Plus my anti-virus expired today and I renewed last night.  So I had to put in a new key.  They don’t exactly make that as straight forward as it should be but I managed to get it done.  I had another update to be able to connect into work to install.  Even though I use this machine on a very rare basis I’d rather be safe than sorry.  I got all of that accomplished.  There are still some Windows Updates that need to install but I can hopefully finish that up over the weekend.  I sat at the kitchen table for several hours, and while it went by fast most of it was watching the machine so it was painfully slow. 

The kids got their lunch and hung out with me to see if they could manage to cause me to part with any food and/or pass out attention.  I did give some attention and I topped off the water fountain but that’s about it.  I took a break to watch the evening news and a quick 30 minutes episode of Momma’s Family (love that show, Bubba’s my favorite just look at him and you’ll understand) it’s a funny show that has been off the air for years but it’s a timeless classic like I Love Lucy that lives in repeats. 

Checked in on social media.  Yesterday’s FB picture disaster was horrible.  I had nothing to look at while I was “working” yesterday.  Plenty to catch up on today.  Toss in a few bathroom breaks and a couple peeks out the window and you have just been through my day. 

I sat down to supper and Momma started running all over creation.  Like someone was chasing her.  Then I started hearing the pops and figured that she was bothered by fireworks.  Hasn’t been an issue for the past couple years but this year I think it’s a different story.  Marv & Gator aren’t bothered at all which is a very good thing.  3 nervous cats to try and calm down when there is only 1 of me would be exhausting.  I’m going up in a bit to wrangle the trash and watch more ER.  There is really nothing on.  It’s summertime sadness when it comes to TV at least for me. 

Tomorrow is Friday and I’ll be working from home.  I was rather frosted yesterday that the mook was able to take Monday off.  I’ve always been told we can only have 1 person on PTO at a time.  Well my other co-worker is out on Friday and all through next week.  I wanted this Friday off so I didn’t have to go back for a day but I didn’t dare ask because of the long standing rule and then my boss tells me Mookie is off on Monday.  Fuck me sideways I was not happy at all.  I mean I know I get to work from home but it’s still work.  I would have rather been able to stay in bed, go for a drive or spend my day any other way that working for a single day.  Ah well I have time coming and it will be here before you know it.

The A/C is working in overtime and I can just see the power company with a smile on their face as they take my money.  It’s been in artic mode lately where it tries to freeze all of us out.  I haven’t touched the thermostat and yet I still get cold.  That’s what I have to look forward to tomorrow when I am slaving here in the basement.  Well the trash won’t take it’s self out and I should get back to the kids.  I hope you had a great day!  Thanks for stopping by to check on me.  Talk with you all again soon. 

No comments: