Greetings, I hope your day is going well! Today was a typical Sunday in the things that I did. I put off cleaning the house until way later in the afternoon. I didn’t spent that much time in front of the computer. I spent most of my time with the cats and worked in a nap as well. Everyone seems pretty happy and wow those cats sure do love their sleep way more than I do. I didn’t think that was possible but it is. It wasn’t until this afternoon I realized I forgot Momma’s pill this morning. The weekends are kind of tricky since I don’t have a set routine that I follow whereas Monday thru Friday I am on a schedule and have to do x y and z then it’s time to leave.
I sprung for a car wash this morning. I opted for the bug remover and premium glaze. Premium glaze makes me thing of donuts. Anyway it was a whopping $21 total and my oh my, the car shines. It’s nothing close to a hand wax but it does look nice. I may do this again in the future.
Much to my dismay I found a small mushroom on the carpet. This time I broke out the bleach and really cleaned things up. I’ve been monitoring the floor and it’s not wet, not even after rain. So I am convinced this is all from the fountain and how wet the carpet got. I have the vertical shades wide open so there is plenty of sunlight that comes in. Momma is all too happy about that because she lays in the sun, Gator comes over and joins her as well. I hope this is my last bout with these mushrooms because they are wearing on my last nerve.On a different note, I have been thinking of upgrading my phone. I took a couple quizzes at different carriers sites and everything points me to the iPhone 7, which is what I already own. I am not eager to upgrade to lose the home button but I am eager to upgrade to get a larger screen. My two choices are the iPhone 8 Plus and the iPhone XS Max. The 8 plus would be great because it still has a home button but it’s already outdated technology. I usually go as close to the latest and greatest that I can, it’s all about affordability. The 3 major carriers all charge around the same price for the device. They have different payment options, AT&T will let me upgrade with no charge today but everyone else wants money down and then will split the balance over x number of months. So I’ve pretty well decided on the XS Max but the bigger concern for me is finding a leather pouch case that I can strap to my hip to hold my phone, it will have a Mophie Juice Pack attached so that makes it a little more bulky and heavier. From estimates that I see I probably don’t need the Mophie but I have had them with my last 2 phones and swear by them. Especially after my morning commute with Waze on. That GPS uses up the battery, not a lot of data but power is at a premium. Then I get to work and want to stream music or at lunch watch video that also consumes battery power. I don’t make or get many phone calls but my battery drains based on how I use the device. Weekends it’s slow and hard to deplete but I know what to do to make that happen, start listening to a live stream of audio or video and bam down the battery bars go. Not sure when I am going to bite the bullet but it’s on the horizon. I kind of feel like I am waiting for the other shoe to drop or the minute I do something nice for myself something bad will happen and I will wish that I hadn’t upgraded. You know Murphy’s law. Funny thing my phone just rang and it was a spam call. Blocked another #. What I don’t get is they call and get shunted to voice mail. They never speak but I get a notification that there is a voice mail message and it’s like 5 or 6 seconds long. You’d think voice mail would be smart enough to know there was nothing actually spoken but I guess not.
As I write about my phone technology I realize that my laptop and desktop systems are 5 years old. They are still doing great but it’s something to put on the caution list. I spend most of my time on my desktop and that is where all my valuable items are. Everything is backed up so no matter when disaster strikes I have a backup. The problem is it takes time to configure a new system and then import your data. It would be kind of nice if we had desktops that were like Chrome Books where your data lived in the cloud and if anything happened you just pickup a new device, which is basically a dumb terminal and connect to the internet. As soon as you told it who you were and authenticated within a couple minutes your data would all be back and you’d be ready to rock. Perhaps that is the model of the future but at the moment it’s not the case at least for me.
Trying to prepare for the rain or the things that will break or go wrong in your life can be all consuming. I like to be prepared but I don’t obsess over it. I mean if it’s going to happen there isn’t much I can do about it but the bigger question is how much will it cost to fix and is it a do it yourself thing or do I need to hire someone. Repairs & Replacements two words you will get used to with homeownership. I like the idea that I own my own place but when something goes wrong it’s my problem. If I paid rent I wouldn’t have to worry about the fix but would have to wonder how much my rent is going up. As it is taxes and insurance go up every year so does the house payment.
Well another 5 full days ahead. It’s going to be rocky and busy at work but that will make the days go by faster. Not looking forward to getting back in the grove but it’s inevitable. I do hope that some people are still on vacation so traffic won’t suck. Most of the construction during rush hour has wrapped up so that will help.
It’s hot as balls here and I lowered the AC by a degree to make it a little more comfortable. I am beginning to wonder if and when it’s going to stop. Gator will be a little uncomfortable but I on the other hand will be comfortable. I told them all the other day I just pay the bills and sleep here, they really own the place. No one disputed that not even for a second.
Since I crammed so much into yesterday I actually have time on my hands and am a little unsure of what to do. I think I am going to dive into some music. Then spend a little extra time with the furry family and call it an early night. Fireworks last night hopefully will be the end, but I do anticipate that some people will have more tonight.
I hope that you have a great week ahead and that your troubles are few. Remember to drink, hydration is key especially in the summer. I’ll be chugging my Gator Aide, Soda and Water. Take care and I’ll be back again soon. Cheers for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment