25 July 2019

Awkward Moment

Good Day and welcome back.  Today was doctor visit day.  I wanted to get going early and eat breakfast out, make a Target run and try to be productive.  Then I realized ah, what will I do tomorrow.  So I deferred that for a day.  I ate crap for breakfast, watched TV, cuddled and napped with Gator.  She told me when it was time to get up long before Echo would sound an alarm.  I don’t know how they do it but the cats can tell time pretty well.  I set the reminder for Echo or tell them what time I need to be up and presto they take care of me. 

Had lunch which was my first real meal of the day.  Watched part of Home Alone 2, got a shower and then off to see the doctor. 

I was really surprised when a guy called me in.  I’m used to a female nurse who has little to no sense of humor.  This guy was not bad looking and had a sense of humor.  He did his thing with getting my vitals and asking question.  Then he told me the doctor would be in and gave me his name again and said if I needed anything, anything at all he would be right outside.  Now I construe that as a pick up line but perhaps he was just trying to be nice.  He came back after my visit was done and drew my blood.  Wow he had some guns for arms.  I kept thinking should I or shouldn’t I make a move.  I opted to not make a move and think that was the smartest choice. 

As for the doctor we chatted about my health.  It sounds like allergies that I am suffering from at the moment.  He said that next time I get sick it would be better to call the office, phone messages are high on the priority list and messages through the patient portal are last on the list and often get put off because he gets busy.  Yeah okay.  I didn’t say this but I did call at Memorial Day and was told to go to an urgent care.  I don’t want to argue or debate subject.  Any how he is interested in knowing how my blood sugar is doing.  I reminded him that I had steroids so the numbers are probably going to be off.  We talked about the new diabetes drug he put me on and the side affects.  He told me that he is not a fan of prescribing it because of the side effects I stated.  However, given my insurance coverage it’s like the last ditch effort before we move into expensive drugs that aren’t covered.  He wants to see my numbers and then said he would advise about what to do.  I honestly think that drug is what made me sick, so I am hesitant to go back on it.  However, if I do go back on it and suddenly turn up ill then we will know that drug is no longer an option.  Blood results will be published over the weekend and I should hear back from him next week.  The hunk that was his nurse skipped the urine test and I know that won’t please the doctor but hey I didn’t have to go so it was best. 

We chatted about my foot as well.  It’s killing me but it’s not gout and it’s not neuropathy.  He doesn’t know what it is.  I managed to make the pain go away for a couple days by wearing extra thick socks and a good pair of shoes.  Today it’s back to hurting again.

One thing that I didn’t mention is that my sex drive is down.  I mean I still react to seeing a hot guy but as for doing anything about it well the desire just isn’t there.  I’m hoping this is temporary but if not then we will have something to talk about in 3 months.  I think it’s a phase that I am going through and it will pass.

I installed the latest version of Windows.  Wow I didn’t think that would be an all day project.  It started yesterday and I didn’t come back to the computer until this afternoon.  I restarted to get it installed and it said it would be a while.  So I vacuumed the basement.  Not much fur down here after all.  Also I found out that the hose is much shorter than what the Dyson had.  Anyway, came back after supper and it was ready to login.  I had performance issues – it was slower than a turtle.  I didn’t realize it had additional updates to download and install.  When that happens performance goes out the window.  Finally after several hours I got my computer back.  Whoopie!

I need to visit the pharmacy tomorrow to get my medicine.  One of the meds I take isn’t covered because it’s OTC but I need a script in order to be able to take it legally on a daily basis.  It’s normally $100 and today I see the quantity is right but they say the cost is $18 with insurance.  I’m thinking they only have part of the order.  If they tell me it’s $18 and have the full prescription I am not going to flinch, let me pay for that and get the hell out of the store before they figure out they made a huge mistake. 

Speaking of pharmacies I had to call the vet today to get Marv some more medicine.  This ditz answered the phone and wasn’t sure what to do because there weren’t any refills on the medicine.  She put me on hold and then someone with better sense came on the line and told me they would check with the vet and get back to me.  Of course they called back right when I was getting a needle shoved in my arm.  My phone flashes and it was on vibrate.  I told the hunk that was taking my blood that this was the worst time to get a phone call.  He said yeah I see something flashing in your pocket.  Ah, the pick up lines that come to mind right about now. 

So just usual ordinary day stuff going on at the moment.  I’m loving life because all I see are blue skies and sunshine.  I can only hope that the next 3 days will be very enjoyable and relaxing.  On to watch some TV and maybe put some ice on my foot that is driving me nuts.  I really wish I could find a cure for it.  I know going to the podiatrist is probably the best way to figure it all out.  Perhaps I will make some calls tomorrow to figure out what is or isn’t covered and then maybe make an appointment.  Ugh, I don’t want or need another doctor.  Don’t get old folks, everything starts falling apart.  I’m still young by most peoples standards and what I am experiencing now is just the tip of the iceberg. 

Have a nice weekend.  We will talk again soon.    

No comments: