17 May 2017

Extremes

Da Bears has gone from one extreme to another.  Monday night I gave him an enema, I only wanted to give him 1/2 of it but wound up giving the whole thing.  Poor kitty that just ruined both of our nights.  He went and he went and he went and … you get the point.  It was very strenuous on him and his heart.  He was passing blood he was straining so hard.  I felt horrible.  We wiped out a 1/2 of a box of pee pads over this.  Plus he vomited multiple times, no point in giving him medicine if heis gong to throw it back up.  So I let his stomach settle.  I really thought he was going to have a heart attack.  Tuesday night he had diarrhea and I noticed that promptly when I came home from work.  So he was in need of a bath.  No more straining he just goes now.  This morning I woke up and he had gone again so tonight will be another bath night.  He will have the cleanest bottom in the entire neighborhood, for a cat that is. 

He is eating but it’s in spurts and he still does his trick to weasel different flavors of food out of me.  I am not happy about it but I would rather give my money to the pet food store than the vet.  If it was up to me I would just as soon hang on to my money because rainy days are frequent, especially when your a homeowner and a single pet parent.  I’ve watched all day long on the camera but no sign of Bear who I now refer to as Oscar because he lives under the couch .. get it Oscar the Grouch from Seasame Street.  

I did manage to get in some time with Bears last night where all we did was lounge on the couch.  He enjoyed himself and that was the purpose of that.  He’s been through quite the ordeal.  I am not sure what was lodged in him but it’s out for certain now.  I don’t ever want to give him another enema again.  I have worried a lot about him and each time I think he’s over the hump something comes up.  I want to be done with this and have my cat back. 

On to other news, my car issue has been settled.  I signed an agreement today and in who knows how many weeks the check will be rolling in.  Best news here is that while it caused me to jump through some hoops, all of my hard work paid off and I am being rewarded.  Plus I don’t have to share the money with anyone.  That is the best part of this. 

Work is another story in and of it’s self.  More duties and tasks being sent my way because of my departing colleague.  I am so in over my head but I am going to do the best I can with it and hope that I don’t miss anything.  There is quite a bit to take in and run with.  I just want to be done with all of the damn meetings about knowledge transfer, they take up so much time and are not that productive.  I have plenty to work on and there has barley been time to use the bathroom or grab a bite to eat.  Good news is that my paycheck will look quite nice when I get it.  Bad news is that it will all go to creditors. 

Well I had to take a break and wanted to let you all know I am still kicking.  Hard to believe it’s Wednesday.  I am anxious for sleep and down time.  Not looking forward to bathing Bears but I know he needs it and will appreciate it once were done.  Hope all is well in your world.

No comments: