02 April 2015

Wasted night

So I knew I had to deal with the Bankruptcy thing, I got to the post office only to find the automated machine that dispenses postage was out of service.  So I had to go back home.  Bear had a large accident so I had to clean him and the house up.  Then there was the matter of the failed hard drive.  I thought I’d save money and move my data to the cloud, specifically Amazon for $60 a year and unlimited storage.  They give prime members free storage for photos only.  I am on a 3 month trial but read on I will be cancelling that soon.  I started the restore process to my local machine and then would have to upload to the cloud.  With all of this activity you can see how easily the night was gobbled up and night turned to day quickly.

Bear is as clean as he allowed me to get him.  I wound up ripping out some fur and he wasn’t too happy about that.  I felt horrible but I honestly thought it was just stuff on the top and not a huge chunk, it was from his hind quarters which he doesn’t keep clean.  I felt so bad afterwards I put some special skin spray that we got from the vet a while back.  It’s supposed to soothe the skin.  I will attempt to gently resume clean up tonight if he allows me.  Otherwise he might just have to get an actual bath, which I know will stress him out further.  I try to keep his stress to a minimum because after all he is dealing with a lot and if he gets upset it could easily make things turn for the worse. 

The letter went out but not by Certified Mail, instead I sent it via Fax.  I’ve got a receipt that it was sent and it really didn’t cost me anything.  I will wait to see if I hear anything, if I don’t in a few days I will follow up with a phone call.  That should get the job done.

My data well I started the upload to the cloud this morning and then began to look at the Terms of Service.  If you have nothing to hide and are not worried then Amazon is for you.  You give them rights to do whatever they want with your data – from analyzing it, viewing it and even turning it over to Law Enforcement.  That won’t work for me.  I don’t feel the need to let someone use my data or tell the government that I have a large collection of gay porn.  So I deleted what little bit what uploaded.  I am swinging by the office supply store on my way home tonight and will pick up a 4TB drive and start the restore process.  That is a lot of space and I think it will take me a long time to fill it up. 

I did manage to squeeze in sometime to watch TV but I had a hard time staying awake.  So better luck with that tonight.  I got signed up for a massage but I couldn’t get an hour because someone beat me to it.  I did get a 1/2 hour so that is better than nothing.  It’s humid today and the rain is moving in.  Looks depressing outside.  I am still anxious to get on with the day and get home. 

I hope all is well in your world.  Talk with you peeps again soon.

No comments: