23 April 2015

Problem Day

I came to work to find that an update that was pushed out last night broke dictation.  It took me most of the morning and working with several people before we got a fix in place.  The thing is that it won’t be applied across the board until Saturday as that is the next maintenance window.  So we treat all of the calls for the problem as 1 off’s.  This little problem has kept me busy for a good part of the day.  I am so tired and haven’t even looked to see how many steps I have taken, figuring that my pedometer has exploded by now. 

Last night I tried to call the local LGBT Center but got no answer.  In looking at their website found that they are closed and looking for a new home.  However, they have people taking phone calls, perhaps I called too late.  I sent an e-mail with the basic’s of the situation they said to allow a week for a response.  It’s been 2 years another week wont make or break things.  That said the on-line apps have once again fizzled out and I have no messages or matches.  People are desperate for companionship or even just for sex, the developers of the apps know that and they appeal to your weakness – you pay them and they could care less if you find someone or not.  In other words it’s a gimmick and I bought into the hype, which is something that I try not to do.  No sense in throwing your money away on something that you will get no benefit from.  Now I say that because I feel up to this point these apps have been a waste of time.  If they prove me wrong and find me a guy then I will happily reverse my opinion. 

I feel proud of myself for reaching out for help, even if nothing comes of it.  It has made me stronger.  Sounds strange I know but it’s true.  I’ve still been in a depression type state this week.  Watching all of the porn in the world just did nothing for me, it was as if I lost interest.  I have forced myself to benefit from it.  That combined with the phone calls and I think I am a little better.  Not leaps and bounds better but a little better. 

A co-worker of mine yesterday came over and just started balling, she hates her job and is miserable here.  She is looking for a new job but that takes time.  She settled for a job that she didn’t really want because it’s in an environment that she said she would never go back to.  Funny I said the same thing and were in the same boat together.  Difference is that I am reasonably comfortable, making good money.  I just have parts of my job that I hate.  I want to have a conversation with her boss but honestly it wouldn’t change anything, it might get her pushed out the door and I really don’t want that.  I mean everyone needs a job unless they are wealthy.  Seeing her cry really affected me and that is something you shouldn’t see in the workplace.  However, it’s good that she let it out.  She was going to go home and I told her that her problems would be waiting for her when she returned.  So she stuck it out and worked the rest of the day.  Today is better for her, which is a good thing.  I know not to get involved because it will only cause problems.  However, hearing her complaints only pulls me down and at first I thought it was just the area where she was.  I think that she is the type of person that always feels that she is a victim – not much I can do about that. 

Well I wish the massage lady was around, I am so ready.  She should be here next week.  Tomorrow is Friday and that is comforting in that we get free lunch, which hopefully will be total awesome goodness.  No real plans for Saturday but the usual.  I am sure that I will have a chance to catch up on sleeping, if I so chose.  Marvin and I might have a sleep off.  I think he will win but then again it could be pretty close to call.

I didn’t think that I would ever get caught up today.  There is another new person starting next week but of course no one has bothered to tell me.  I am waiting for the official word so that I can start working on setting up their equipment.  I just don’t want it to be one of those rush deals because most of her access wasn’t in place so I had to have someone comb over her account.  I don’t setup access just the actual equipment so it wasn’t something I did wrong.  However, it took a lot of complaining on my part which I honestly hate to do.

Here is hoping that I stay awake on the drive home, I am so beat.  I woke up with a headache in the back of my neck and now that I have had a chance to sit it’s starting to come back.  Oh boy 2 more hours and then I will be leaving – can’t wait.  Wish I had a helicopter waiting for me to wisk me to my house.  That is my preferred method of travel but who can afford it?  Traffic has been better but last night was a mess.  We got a memo today saying they are almost done with the construction and thanked us for our patience.  Patience my ass, let’s get moving I want to go home. 

I will leave you with this… Disappointment (noun) Running to a wall with an erection and breaking your nose.  Talk with you peeps later.

No comments: