07 April 2015

Life on a Tuesday

A while back I wrote about a co-worker who has cancer in several places.  The lady that sits next to her also has cancer and has completed chemo and is about to start radiation therapy.  Apparently cancer has got to a lot of people here, which is starting to make me wonder … seriously is there something in the water?  Another co-worker who I am close to has Kidney disease and is about to start dialysis.  She is going on the transplant list.  I had a relative who had to have dialysis and she was fortunate enough to have the money to be able to take care of it at home, buying the equipment outright and all of the needed medical supplies to go with it.  I had an idea of what the process entailed but went to do some additional research on it.  I found out that it’s not pleasant and that once you start unless you get a transplant survival is typically 5 to 10 years tops.  My co-worker looks bad, like she shouldn’t be walking around bad.  She has a whole host of things wrong with her the kidney thing is just one of them. 

This morning I was killing time on FB and read a post from a friend that I had lunch with just a few weeks ago.  Apparently she was choking yesterday on of all things scrambled eggs.  Her daughter in law was there and did the Heimlich on her, which saved her life.  This poor lady has been through the mill and is still going.  She says well I guess I used up another cat life.  The problem is she has gone through 9 + of them already.  Who knows what number she is on but it’s got to be close to the end.  I told her to be careful.  I don’t have many friends and am certainly not looking to bury any of them soon.

I talked with my friend who quit his job last month.  His gravy offer of a job from a former boss that he was so convinced he could get, well his former boss is not taking his calls.  I don’t think there is a job there, I think he was sold a bill of goods.  I also think he should have acted quicker and differently but it’s not my life.  I would have plaid the hand he was dealt differently.  So now he is closing in on having to cash in his wife’s 401k and use that to live off of.  He is older which is going to make getting a job harder, but I am hopeful that he will land something good where he can be happy and not be worked to death.  It’s important to maintain a work life balance and if you spend too much time working then your life is clearly out of balance.  I think that he will have a longer road ahead of him than he thinks, which is I why I would have never quit my job – rather I would have made them fire me.  He also hasn’t applied for unemployment, which I encouraged him to do last night.  I explained that it’s not much but it is something and he is certainly entitled to it.  Might as well take what you can.  I hope that he recovers soon.

Last night I learned what it would be like if I were living with a new born baby.  I allowed Momma to sleep with me.  Just as I was entering sleep she woke me and wanted out.  That of course provoked Marvin to start chattering.  I got him calmed down and then we slept for a bit.  Then he woke me up and wanted to be held again.  I did that and back to sleep.  Then he woke me up and wanted out.  Then I went back to sleep.  Then up again to use the bathroom and turn on the heat.  Then back to bed and presto time to get up.  I so wanted to stay home today, there are issues that I really don’t want to deal with here and honestly I could use a good old fashion day of rest.  By that I mean sleeping until I decide to get up and not doing it on a schedule.  However, I pushed on and here I sit.  Hot and tired.  Running from problems only means they are waiting for you when you get back.  There is a particular computer that scans documents and it’s got a tricky setup.  I’ve never done one before so I do believe today is the day.  Hopefully it goes well. 

2 more days left in my week after today.  Tomorrow is our staff meeting and the boss is feeding us.  I will be getting a box lunch.  Normally they let us chose what we want but I haven’t gotten any email on it yet so I just hope for something good.  If I don’t get an e-mail I will pack a lunch just to have a backup, better safe than sorry – or – always be prepared.  Take your pick but both do apply in this situation. 

Last night I saw the video that is playing in theaters after Furious 7, which is a tribute to the late Paul Walker.  Until I watched that video I never heard of Charlie Puth.  He plays a mad piano and the boy has a set of lungs on him.  Not to mention he is wicked cute.  He and the others that participated did an excellent job.  I can understand why it would move some to tears.  It didn’t move me but as I listened to the song a couple of times I found myself very depressed when I started thinking about my situation and the words of the song.  I found a piano solo version of the song on Sound Cloud that Charlie recorded, I like it much better than having it mixed with rap music.  Charlie has a few other songs as well that are really good.  Check him out I think you will like it.  He is oh so worth a Google!

It’s kind of depressing weather – foggy and we have storms moving in.  Rain is supposed to be here for the bulk of the week.  Friday however should be a nice sunny day.  I certainly hope so because Bear doesn’t like water and if it’s falling from the sky it will probably scare him.  He will already be fired up about going to the vet.  I saw him last night when I was on the phone and he used the litter box like a big boy.  I think the larger box was more difficult for him, so switching to the smaller box has made the difference.  However, I have to keep on top of it since it is now the main box.

Nothing new on the dating front.  I think I may have wasted my money on the subscription to Compatible Partners, but I am getting desperate. I really wish that I could wave a magic wand and presto my next prince charming would be there – cutting through all of the crap.  I will say the getting to know you phase is rather interesting but it gets tiresome telling my story over and over again.  I suppose others feel the same way.  Dating is nothing but a crap shoot.  You might have better luck being blindfolded and throwing a dart in the dark.  I’ve toyed with the idea of hitting up a gay bar but that would be a huge step to take and to take it all alone wow, scary is the first word that enters my mind.  However, I look at all I have been through and think you’ve got this as you have fought bigger battles.  I like the app approach it’s comfortable and you don’t have a thousand wondering eyes staring at you like you are a piece of meat.  Not sure that I am ready to hit the gay bar on my own just yet but it could happen in the future. 

So Tuesday here we are.  I hope it’s a fast moving day and that I can get home to my children, as I miss them.  Particularly Bear.  Thankful that I can spy on them with the camera but it also makes me yearn to go home.  Have an outstanding day and we shall talk again soon.

1 comment:

Jude said...

Wow that's a lot of very sick people.... and cancer has to be the scariest word in the English language. :/

I hope the rest of your week is good!