Hi and welcome in!
Hope that you’re warm and doing well.
Saturday, I slept in and was lazy for the morning. I watched a movie “I’m Chevy Chase and you’re not”. It was a documentary about Chevy Chase. I enjoyed it. I thought about how good it felt to lie in bed with the cats, not having to be concerned about anything or anyone. It was just us in the moment and it felt so nice.
I got my new modem activated. I thought it was going to be a huge ordeal, but it went simply like it always should have. I disconnected the old one and connected the new one then opened an app on my phone and pressed a button that said activate new equipment and within 10 minutes it was done. I honestly was in shock that it went so well. I did a bit of surfing and testing to see how my speed was. It’s faster but I don’t quite see the 1 gig on my tests, it comes close though. If I run a test on my router or from the cable company those all check out and say I’m getting what I am paying for. I tweaked my network card on my desktop, it supports a gigabit connection but still even after a reboot, I’m close to 1 gig but not quite there. I’m at speeds high enough that I am satisfied.
I have a feeling this 1 gig service is the lowest new speed that they will offer. I accomplished what I wanted in that I got my bill lower but that’s only for 12 months then I must call back and beg again. I am sure that if I ask to go back to 400mpbs they will tell me that it’s no longer offered. What I have now is $105 per month – no way I am ever paying full price that is way too expensive. There are other options but all of those are cellular home internet. There is a new fiber company that is supposed to be coming to town, I hope they arrive within the next 12 months because I’d switch in a heartbeat. I hate cable company.
Anyway, I got a shower and headed out to run errands. First stop was to return the old modem. I walked into the cable company’s store, and you can’t just walk up to the counter anymore, you must sign in on a tablet. Like you’re visiting an AT&T store. Anyway, I did that and waited for a couple minutes. I was able to return the old modem, but the guy tried to pitch me cellular service, and he said that I could get a year free. Tempting as that is, bundling is what they want, because it’s more secure for them and you’re less likely to leave. I want to get away from the cable company in the worst way possible.
Next stop was to get lupper (lunch and supper) it was only 2p and quite early for me to eat but I drove to the Mexican place that I like. It was easy to get in, and I saw some nice eye candy. I had a decent meal, but service was horrible. I waited 15 minutes to get the check so I could pay and leave. My food came out wicked fast as always. I was stunned at the number of people I saw with no coats on. One kid in shorts (that’s the new in thing – shorts year-round).
Next stop was the tire store. Got my quote, $1,300 for 4 tires and 4-wheel alignment. Only $100 more than I expected. I still think it’s highway robbery, but I set it up for next Saturday. After I get my haircut, I will get to sit in the tire store while they do their thing. I expect that I will probably be there for a couple hours because they don’t move that fast.
Next stop was the cat food store. They finally had Duck in stock. I was tempted to buy more than I would normally get but I didn’t. I’m sure that it will backfire on me. I grabbed a larger bag of dry food because both cats really enjoy it. I’m always filling the bowl. It was a happy accident, but it worked out well. I had to park next to a guy with a monster truck who tried to double park. I really had to be careful getting out but my fat ass made it. Thankfully he was gone when I was ready to leave.
Next stop was the Post Office. Then my favorite stop of all, came back home finally. It was nice to be home and so early too. Unloaded everything and took care of feeding the cats. Changed clothes and got comfy.
I worked on laundry and taxes. I was pissed that Turbo Tax wouldn’t let me electronically file one of my state returns. They said I had an unusual tax situation and had to mail it. This year was no different than any other year, just that I made a little bit more money and got a decent amount of interest. I was also upset by the fact that the state that I had to pay was filed electronically but I couldn’t pay them until my return had been electronically accepted, which happened this morning.
It was late when I called it a night, 9:30p and I was honestly tired. Not to mention the cats were getting on my nerves. I was never so glad to get to bed but had to put away the laundry and make the bed first.
Sunday (this morning), I ventured out to breakfast and the grocery store. Mailed my taxes. came home and thought about going out later for something to eat. It sounds very good but honestly, I didn’t want to bother changing clothes and getting back out in it. Temperatures are still bitterly cold here. I got in my morning nap after the groceries were put away. That was nice and both cats were next to me. I got the house cleaned, medicine prepared for next week and watched the last of Home Improvement. That show ended rather well. It got me thinking about the past, when my spouse was alive, when we got married. It was nice but also painful because it’s another reminder that I’m alone, at least for now.
Came downstairs and wrote a check to the state that I owe taxes to. I thought about it and decided to just throw my coat on and go mail the letter. It was just a quick trip down the street and back home. I didn’t change clothes, went out in sweats and a T-shirt. The car had just warmed up when I turned the engine off. I thought about making a Wendy’s run, but frozen pizza sounds better. Plus, I can play on the computer for a bit. No schedule or agenda to follow, just chilling for the rest of the day. It’s about pizza time so I will be headed up to get ready. At least I am done with taxes – now it’s just waiting for my refunds to roll in and hope that it’s smooth sailing as it normally is. Fingers crossed.
Things are supposed to warm up here by next weekend, but it will still be cold just not sub-zero cold. Hope you had a nice weekend. Back to the fun tomorrow. This is the 2nd to last week that we will be fully staffed. The old guy retires on Friday the 13th. I told my boss that I hope it’s not an omen for us. I know it’s going to be hellish and stressful. I am not looking forward to it at all. Kind of wish it was me that was retiring.
Take care, stay warm, be safe. Thanks for stopping by!
1 comment:
Agree cable companies are bad!
Post a Comment