25 February 2026

Sick again

Woke up on Monday and my neck was sore, I didn’t feel the best.  Opted to stay home.  I made the right call because things only got worse from there.  I started getting hot flashes and it felt like I was on fire.  Tuesday wasn’t any better but by the afternoon I felt better.  Prior to this starting my eyes were bothering me and I just thought it was allergies. 

The sore neck thing is a tell from my body that I’m sick.  I also get this internal feeling kind of like a warmness but it’s a strange feeling, that has been with me since I was a kid.

I woke up this morning still not feeling better, I took today as well.  Went to the doctor by a video visit, I should have just gone to the local urgent care.  The provider I met with had a horrible connection and really didn’t want to cover me with a note but I think we got it worked out.  If I am still not feeling better tomorrow I will seek in person care.  This sucks and I just want to go back to my normal life. 

Work is piling up and it’s going to take me a bit to play catchup.  However, I am enjoying the break from technology and not hearing the phone buzz every six seconds.  I would like to get back to it and may just push myself tomorrow.  It feels odd saying I am having hot flashes but my skin will turn beat red.  Oddly I don’t have a fever.  I am still taking Ibuprofen and Tylenol as it seems to help with the hot flashes. 

I am told that it sounds viral and that can last for 5 to 7 days.  I’d really love it if it left and never came back, kind of like every other illness I have had. 

Just wanted to let you all know I am still among the living and working on getting better.  The cats are a great comfort but they also both want to play and I honestly don’t have that in me right now.  Rudy got up on the table and brought me something, he kind of snitched on himself.  He’s quite the character but it beats being totally alone and sick. 

6 comments:

dearzachblog said...

Likewise. My tell-tale sign of getting sick is starting with tingling sensation of my throat. Then it will start from there. I always get sick every month I don't know despite I exercise and eat clean.

RB said...

I prefer in person to video care. Maybe video is better if it's with your regular doctor who knows you.

Susan said...

Take care, Jeremy. Hope all gets better soon.

Jeremy Ryan said...

I was sick a lot when I was younger, the older I have gotten it's eased up.

Jeremy Ryan said...

Video is okay for something but I think I'm going to start going to the Doc In The Box instead of video unless it's minor. There is more compassion and better interaction in person. If I could do video with my regular doc then I'd opt for that but he's booked months in advance.

Jeremy Ryan said...

Thank you!